Whats the best oil weight for the Busa?

I followed Mr Bogus's suggestion and now it wont start. When I open the oil fill plug I can see the hole is full right to the top. What gives. :laugh:
:rofl: did I tell you about the guy at Checker Auto parts? 15 quarts and still not full... :rofl:

Danielle Deporter told me that one, (Top Fuel Teen) she worked at Checker auto while not on the road racing the top fueler...

Valvoline 10w-40 motorcycle oil available in an Advance Auto Parts store for $3.99 per quart.

keep good oil in it, keep it full and forget about it..

Oil weight is going to have such a low impact on the performance of the bike you would be really lucky to even be able to measure it.. keeping the correct amount of air in your tires is more important than oil weight.. :)

The exception:
cold starts... in cold conditions (say <30 degrees) a 20wt or higher oil is going to make the starter strain its milk a bit.. a 10wt or even 0wt oil are easier on the cold start and lubrication of a motor.. Now why you would want to ride in these temps is beyond me but I am old....

:laugh::laugh:

anything below 40 degrees anymore and Im taking the truck. getting old(er) blows

I am doing my first oil change myself, after having the first two done at the stealership. I am going with the Motul 300V 4T Factory line 10w40. This is the first time I am using a synthetic. Also replacing the plugs as per the manual at 7500 miles. I have heard people have had problems with Denso plugs, poor QC I have heard, so I am using the NGK CR9EIA-9. Has anyone used this combination, if so how have the results been? Thanx, Ken:thumbsup:

Stock ono forced induction = 10w40, turbo I use 20w50. Both swear by Castrol GTX. Never slips the clutch and easy to come by. Recommended by NHRA Pro Street Racers and Mechanics. Been using for years. Those using Valvoline be careful as they have lots of slick detergents that can cause clutch slippage over time. I used to work for Valvoline is how I know. . You can use their Motorcycle blend though.

Back