Weight Distribution

BeMu

Registered
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the front/rear weight distribution for a Gen2 Hayabusa? I need it for some simulation work I am doing.

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the front/rear weight distribution for a Gen2 Hayabusa? I need it for some simulation work I am doing.

Thanks
That's a good question....someone must have that info...maybe a Suzuki engineer...

Suzuki says the gen 3 has 50/50 weight distribution-it is based on the gen 2 with pretty much the same weight so maybe it's close to that....

That's a good question....someone must have that info...maybe a Suzuki engineer...

Suzuki says the gen 3 has 50/50 weight distribution-it is based on the gen 2 with pretty much the same weight so maybe it's close to that....
Thanks for the info - I would assume too that it would be comparable between gen2 and gen3, do you know if they said that is including or excluding rider mass?

Thanks for the info - I would assume too that it would be comparable between gen2 and gen3, do you know if they said that is including or excluding rider mass?
No, the bike weighs 582 lbs (264 kgs) wet...add an average rider of 70kgs I guess although rider weight varies greatly and larger, heavier riders gravitate towards the Hayabusa.

@BeMu

take a bathroom scale that is made for up to 150 kg / 330 pounds, fill the tank 100% and put batterie in
- put the front wheel of YOUR busa on it - remember the determined value
- put its rear wheel on it - remember the determined value

then compare both values and you have the exact ratio of YOUR busa (and by adding both an entire weigh)

i extra write "YOUR" because if you have mounted for instance a full akrapovic 4-1 system instead of the stock one
the entire weigh drops around 12-15 kg and this might cause little differences front/rear values

ps:

what i found in the gen2-manual :

dry mass in ´08 manual, precautions (page 0A-10) differs a lil bit between 221 kg (487 lbs / E33) 220 kg (485 lbs / others)

curb mass in ´09 manual extension (10-2 GSX 1300 R K9) is listed with 260 kg (573 lbs)

values for non abs-bikes ´08-´12

curb mass in ´13-´17 manual for abs-bikes , precautions (page 0A-07) is listed with 266 kg (586 lbs)

@BeMu

take a bathroom scale that is made for up to 150 kg / 330 pounds, fill the tank 100% and put batterie in
- put the front wheel of YOUR busa on it - remember the determined value
- put its rear wheel on it - remember the determined value

then compare both values and you have the exact ratio of YOUR busa (and by adding both an entire weigh)

i extra write "YOUR" because if you have mounted for instance a full akrapovic 4-1 system instead of the stock one
the entire weigh drops around 12-15 kg and this might cause little differences front/rear values

ps:

what i found in the gen2-manual :

dry mass in ´08 manual, precautions (page 0A-10) differs a lil bit between 221 kg (487 lbs / E33) 220 kg (485 lbs / others)

curb mass in ´09 manual extension (10-2 GSX 1300 R K9) is listed with 260 kg (573 lbs)

values for non abs-bikes ´08-´12

curb mass in ´13-´17 manual for abs-bikes , precautions (page 0A-07) is listed with 266 kg (586 lbs)
Hi, thanks for the detailed info, unfortunately I don't have access to the bike currently to take the measurements personally otherwise I would go down this route. Appreciate the help!

Hi, thanks for the detailed info, unfortunately I don't have access to the bike currently to take the measurements personally otherwise I would go down this route. Appreciate the help!
Unless you have to 100% precise, I'd go with the 50/50 distribution...

It's biased a little to the rear. That is why the stock Busa has a drifty feeling to the front end. And why raising the rear 1" rolling more weight forward improves the bike track better.

200528 Haybusa Article.jpg

Back