Gen2 weight?

01smokes

Registered
What kind of weight are your gen2 bikes? And how lightweight can you get one? I need to scale my bike hopefully I am down around 400 race ready with the turbo kit.

Pretty hard to compare our street bikes against a drag only bike when it comes to weight...we need all the things which makes our bikes street legal and reliable...

This is like comparing an NHRA drag car to a street car...

Track only. Going to keep the radiator for now till I build the engine. Pretty much everything that can be removed is already gone. Getting ready to order new body and tank shell and do a small fuel cell.
Hi My goal is 450 lbs at race weight and 600 lbs with me on it. I have aluminum sub frame, triple trees, Inconel valves, Inconel header. All the bolts that can be aluminum are others are TI. All CF bodywork CF helmet and a Kangaroo race suit, it is 4 lbs lighter than leather. Also a Ti swingarm bolt with aluminum nuts, front axle is lighter than Ti. I even have aluminum bolts inside of the motor where they can be, also a Ti clutch push rod. Many $1000.00s of dollars have been spent to make this bike as light as it can be.

Drag/track only or street/everyday ride worthy? @c10 weighed his in around 515lbs
11 months after this I had trimmed RJ down to 499 with the racks installed . There were just a few more items to do to that would of nearly taken me to 100 pound savings over stock , and still be a streetable
two up bike . An Alum fuel tank , and a custom short swing arm were left to do .

You can sneak by with quite a lot done to a bike where I'm at. No inspections, I've never heard of a cop writing tickets for equipment infractions.

I'm guessing you could take 75-80 lbs off a busa including parts that need to be replaced with lighter aftermarket stuff.
So true! I stopped people for obvious equipment (no headlight, open headers, etc), but never wrote a citation...I also live in a state with no required inspections for regular citizens so that helped.

What kind of weight are your gen2 bikes? And how lightweight can you get one? I need to scale my bike hopefully I am down around 400 race ready with the turbo kit.
Not sure how much info they'd be willing to share but ejr performance has their Megatron bike and I know they have it real light and they were trying to get close to the same weight as you.

Not sure how much info they'd be willing to share but ejr performance has their Megatron bike and I know they have it real light and they were trying to get close to the same weight as you.
I need to put mine on the scales. Mine should be lighter then that one. But then again the turbo kit does add a bit of weight but I have alot of stuff removed and gsxr1k front end on

I need to put mine on the scales. Mine should be lighter then that one. But then again the turbo kit does add a bit of weight but I have alot of stuff removed and gsxr1k front end on
I can't remember the exact weight or was when they had it here in Michigan but I know it was in the 400's and a friend said they were still trying to get it lower. I would love to lighten mine up but it's gotta stay streetable with the occasional passenger and I know that's a very expensive and addicting habit once u start so I think I'll just get to saving for some lightweight wheels and call it good :laugh:. Let us know when u get it on the scale of be interested in knowing how light u got it:thumbsup:

I like having a bit of weight under me...it sure is better on the hiway with weight...

Those uber light liter bikes are hard to ride on a 2 lane hiway as they get blown around a lot.

So true! I stopped people for obvious equipment (no headlight, open headers, etc), but never wrote a citation...I also live in a state with no required inspections for regular citizens so that helped.
Around here if the police decide to pull you over for a vehicle violation, they can issue you a safety inspection ticket and your vehicle has to pass an inspection.

There was supposed to be a big push on for lifted trucks and tuner cars but as of yet haven't seen it.

I know the push is bigger in the big cities as these tuner cars are a scourge there.

Hi. That is why I am going with the Inconal header, but at $3,800.00 it is a lot of $ for 4 lbs.. the race suite from Heroic Leather is also 4lbs lighter for $2,600.00, My Ti calipt pistons were $800.00 for 6 ozs so 8lbs 6 oz was $6,200.00.

Back