whats the best oil and filter

I use the KN if only for the bolt on the end of it. Mobil 4T10W40

Many different answers without any scientific proof aside from personel experience or lack of problems from use :whistle: :laugh:

Have not seen an oil thread in a loooong time......so not too bad to have one again. Follow a sensible oil change interval and your bike will do just fine. Any motorcycle-specific oil you can buy at a store near you will work. If not, buy them online.

Anyone using anything like this? Has anyone used one in the past? Anything good or bad to say about it..... something like 35 micron (absolute) filtering.

Scotts Performance Products

425.jpg

Last edited:
Stock filters are fine as long as you change them. I was told that different filters have different flow capabilities, could cause oil starvation at certain lean angles. Don't know if that's true but I know that there is no need to upgrade the filter for typical road use.

I use mobil 1 10w-50.

Alysin 0W20 full synthetic air craft oil and not sure what filter... but it was good for 3rwhp on the dyno! I'm sure lubing the chain helped too.. just sayin. She revs faster than ever now too.

Full-Synthetic Mobil1-4T10W40
K&N Filter

I heard the Scotts Micron was more trouble than its worth for a brand new one each time for $8-14.

Mobile 1 Racing 4T and Wix filter. Purolator and oem are good filters as well.

If you want to stay with Dino oil you might as well stay oem on both.

Back