What Oil And Filter Are You Guys Using?

busalife2016

Registered
About to change the oil on my busa I let the dealer do the first 600 mile change but I'm doing the rest from here what oil and filter is best recommended? Anything helps thanks.

About to change the oil on my busa I let the dealer do the first 600 mile change but I'm doing the rest from here what oil and filter is best recommended? Anything helps thanks.
We use motul oil at Coleman's in New Zealand and standard filter . as they do service as per schedule . not sure of life of K/N oil filter but your shop may be happy if you supply it . service cost won't drop by much though , you have same year as mine

I don't know but I changed every 2500-3000. Also change after a track day and look for metal.
It's $25 nzd for a stock one $17 for aftermarket so I expect here about $30 for K/N, if you'll still change every 6000kms it doesn't seem that much more value unlike their air filter

It's $25 nzd for a stock one $17 for aftermarket so I expect here about $30 for K/N, if you'll still change every 6000kms it doesn't seem that much more value unlike their air filter

Like I said I'm not saying K&N is the be all end all of oil filters. I got 10 of them for about $40 from a guy who sold his Busa so I figured what the heck. I do like the nut molded into the filter housing and the oil is pretty clean when it comes out so I'm sold.

Like I said I'm not saying K&N is the be all end all of oil filters. I got 10 of them for about $40 from a guy who sold his Busa so I figured what the heck. I do like the nut molded into the filter housing and the oil is pretty clean when it comes out so I'm sold.
Cool bro good value for money

That's a real good deal, just priced one here to compare . with the U.S. dollar being what it is at moment plus we pay a tax (GST 12.5%) on EVERYTHING here it makes good sense to shop ebay as I frequently do

Mobile 1 synthetic and K&N oil filter. Reason I go Mobile 1 is because I can get it from 4 different stores in a 30 mile radius..... Walmart, Pep boys, advanced auto, auto zone. Usually 1 of those stores has a sale where I can get it for less than $10 a quart. So when ever I need I can get it and I don't have to stock pile it or buy a bunch for fear of not having it. Can usually grab a K&N filter for less than $13 online ships free. Been running it for years in my Busa with no issues.

Mobile 1 synthetic and K&N oil filter. Reason I go Mobile 1 is because I can get it from 4 different stores in a 30 mile radius..... Walmart, Pep boys, advanced auto, auto zone. Usually 1 of those stores has a sale where I can get it for less than $10 a quart. So when ever I need I can get it and I don't have to stock pile it or buy a bunch for fear of not having it. Can usually grab a K&N filter for less than $13 online ships free. Been running it for years in my Busa with no issues.
That's not bad , over hear mobil1 in a 4 litre bottle usually sells around $90 NZD when mines been serviced it costs me round $75 for 3.4 litres from Coleman's if I source elsewhere it still costs around $45 - $65 depending on brand

That's not bad , over hear mobil1 in a 4 litre bottle usually sells around $90 NZD when mines been serviced it costs me round $75 for 3.4 litres from Coleman's if I source elsewhere it still costs around $45 - $65 depending on brand
Mobil 1 is the most expensive I've seen here.

Back