What Oil And Filter Are You Guys Using?

Just ordered 13 qt's of Brad Penn to get free shipping and oem filter too.

I used to be a die-hard Mobil-1 guy until a couple years ago we started burning through clutches after 30 passes at the strip. A buddy always used Brad Penn and switched back and the troubles went away. It seems to be a lower cost oil that does the job and has zinc for EP protection.

Hey guys, I know this thread is over a year old. I'm searching oil threads. I'm gonna do an oil change next week. I already bought a k&n filter and I was going to go with Mobile 1 4T racing 10-40. I just saw the posts about engine failure and pressure issues. Anyone know if this true ? Should I switch filters ? And Dennis wrote about burning out clutches with the Mobile 1. Is this just cause of track racing ? Anyone still following please let me know. Id rather buy a new filter if im risking my engine. I have a 05 Busa with about 24k miles. Ive only had it a year so I don't know oil change history or types of oil. Thanks in advance for any help !

So c10 you feel this is legit? Maybe I'll look deeper into it.
Hey Fallenarch, Did you ever look into this any further ? Have you had any issue with your k&n filter ? I'm about to do my first change on a used bike I bought. Bought a k&N and was gonna go with Mobile 1 10-40 4T racing. Please let me know if you can. Thanks !

Hey guys, I know this thread is over a year old. I'm searching oil threads. I'm gonna do an oil change next week. I already bought a k&n filter and I was going to go with Mobile 1 4T racing 10-40. I just saw the posts about engine failure and pressure issues. Anyone know if this true ? Should I switch filters ? And Dennis wrote about burning out clutches with the Mobile 1. Is this just cause of track racing ? Anyone still following please let me know. Id rather buy a new filter if im risking my engine. I have a 05 Busa with about 24k miles. Ive only had it a year so I don't know oil change history or types of oil. Thanks in advance for any help !

Don't know about the filter, I use OEM. I do use the Mobile 1 4T oil and haven't had any issues at all.

Hey Fallenarch, Did you ever look into this any further ? Have you had any issue with your k&n filter ? I'm about to do my first change on a used bike I bought. Bought a k&N and was gonna go with Mobile 1 10-40 4T racing. Please let me know if you can. Thanks !

All I did was ask aouund and got a thumbs up. I use K&N and Mobil 1 acing for 4 years and 25K miles with no problems

Once I posted the thread I chose mobile1 10-40 with oem filter bike runs nice no problems

Very limited in my area for bikes, but I use K&N filter and Castrol's 4t oil. Hasn't let me down through 7 motorcycles.

I've used Motorex for years but my new Busa I picked up has had Mobil 1 so that will be my oil going forward. I've always ran the OEM filter and decided to try out a K&N but after the horror stories I've heard about K&N and Mobil I picked up an OEM instead.

I personally think interval is more important than the type of oil. Most oils nowadays are all pretty close to each other so I say pick one and stick with it. JMO.

Back