whats the best oil and filter

Stock filters are fine as long as you change them. I was told that different filters have different flow capabilities, could cause oil starvation at certain lean angles. Don't know if that's true but I know that there is no need to upgrade the filter for typical road use.

I use mobil 1 10w-50.

This may be the wrong thread to be discussing this but I had brought up the Scott's filter because I am currently installing a Turbo that will need greater flow. I am not sure how much more flow I would gain with the Scotts filter but I am pretty sure that more flow = more particulate passing through the filter which isn't good. I tried to find what the micron rating is on the OEM Busa filter but have come up with a goose egg so far. I may have to contact someone from Suzuki or run down to the local dealer to find out. I am pretty sure that this filter wouldn't cause any starvation issues, but I have been known to be wrong in the past. I am aware that my setup is a bit different than stock, I still haven't decided what oil to even run in the system let alone what weight.....I've seen quite a few different set ups. I will most likely draw from the expertise of the tuner that works on my bike although it is interesting to get everyone's opinion on this particular filter.

I also plan on changing the oil a bit more often than regular so I figured it may save me a little $$ in the long run as long as it's ok for the bike.

Makes her run as smooth as a baby's butt. :whistle:

baby-oil.jpg

baby-oil.jpg

don't be shocked every oil brand/viscosity/type/etc has been mentioned over a thousand times on this forum. :beerchug:
wow. I'm shocked that on a bike forum, no one is mentioning Rotella T synethetic.

just did a quick search on the forum: "Rotella" results 129 threads/topics

Last edited:
Mobil one Delvac 15W/40. Any Filter other than a fram.

As long as the oil and filter are new and changed on a regular basis.

I am using Rotella Syn 10w-30 with factory filter (best).... use a fram every now and then.

I always buy whatever is the most expensive oil that CycleGear is offering that week. It really doesn't matter what the brand or viscosity is, as long as it's the most expensive I can buy. I also try to change the oil every 3 weeks, whether I have been riding in that time or not. I want my bike to last forever and you simply can't change oils and filters often enough.

Amsoil 10/40 with OEM filter just until the warranty is up then switching to Purolator Pure One filter which I use on all my vehicles

If your Busa motor is still as quiet as the day you got it new from the dealer, after you hit the start button, the bike has been standing for a while and it is cold, ya know your oil is the right oil.:beerchug:

Back