What Oil And Filter Are You Guys Using?

About to change the oil on my busa I let the dealer do the first 600 mile change but I'm doing the rest from here what oil and filter is best recommended? Anything helps thanks.
10/40 fully synthetic motorcycle specific oil is a good choice. Oil brand depends on your country. Don't be a tight arse and use car oil, not good for a wet clutch.

Hi. Yes oil and filter. After every race. As I use VP M1 Methanol. On the street I will run VP X98 so every week.

My busa shifting feels a little notchy and will sometimes stick in false neutral downshifting from 2 to 1 when the oil gets close to 3000 miles. It's done this since new. It's been a while since either of those have happened because I change oil and filter once per year now and I only put about 500 miles on the bike. Having the bike sit over winter with fresh oil gives me a little peace of mind and its only once a year.

My busa shifting feels a little notchy and will sometimes stick in false neutral downshifting from 2 to 1 when the oil gets close to 3000 miles. It's done this since new. It's been a while since either of those have happened because I change oil and filter once per year now and I only put about 500 miles on the bike. Having the bike sit over winter with fresh oil gives me a little peace of mind and its only once a year.
My bike "talks" to me when it needs the chain lubed or oil changed...

?? A senseless waste?:p

?? A senseless waste? :poke:
Avoiding a missed downshift is sensible to me. As far as peace of mind, I do a lot of things that don't make sense to achieve that. I just spent the afternoon washing my bike, for instance.

My bike "talks" to me when it needs the chain lubed or oil changed...
...or chain tightened. Mine too but I aim to shut it up before it does any talking. :laugh:

Avoiding a missed downshift is sensible to me. As far as peace of mind, I do a lot of things that don't make sense to achieve that. I just spent the afternoon washing my bike, for instance.

...or chain tightened. Mine too but I aim to shut it up before it does any talking. :laugh:
Oddly enough, I've never had to tighten the chain on this bike...it has stayed in spec. I check it quite a bit to make sure.

Exactly same here.
I know it's getting close to a oil change as it becomes noticeably notchy and sometimes hits a false neutral.
After the oil change and filter, (hiflo filter and motul oil) its buttery smooth. Lasts for about 3500kms +/-

Back