what is it going to cost you to get there...?

I have never towed my trailer with the Titan. But, 950 miles divided by 14 miles per gallon(mileage on the Titan) is 68 gallons times average gas price per gallon of 3.25 is a total of 221.00 dollars one way. So, thats 442.00 dollars for round trip on gas only. Add tolls and eats, not sure. Getting to the bash and seeing old friends and making new ones.............PRICELESS!
James when are you heading out? We are leaving OKC on Wed morning EARLY!
We are leaving out on Tuesday, late morning. Are you going to drive it straight through in one shot?

leaving after rush hour wednesday to avoid heavy traffic periods and areas like atlanta...
up hill the whole way...lol
about 640 miles one way in an 06 durango.

If I think about it too hard, I'll just need therapy.
Thankfully, we are splitting the gas with another couple.
beerchug.gif

The Titan is not gonna get 14 towing... closer to 9 if you are lucky...

Don't know what Zuk's Suburban is going to get but we have 950+ miles to haul 5 butts and 3 Busai and in an 8x16 Ginormous trailer.
Yup, I'm sure we will be helping the economy... in the mid-east.  
guns.gif

Don't know what Zuk's Suburban is going to get but we have 950+ miles to haul 5 butts and 3 Busai and in an 8x16 Ginormous trailer.
guns.gif
Well my buddies Yukon pulling our trailer gets about 10mpg! And im about 1100 miles each way!

Average cost per gallon now, is $3.30ish from here to there, So that equals $363 each way, plus tolls!

The YUKON/TAHOE pulling the 22 foot trailer to FL gets like 8 MPG...

I don't care how much it cost ( ok, I really do... thats why we are not pulling the trailer)I'm just ready to be there!!!

The Titan is not gonna get 14 towing...  closer to 9 if you are lucky...
Dont be hatin! j/k, she gets around 14 in the city, I was hoping for a bit better on the open highway. The Yukon gets 19 on the highway, but we are driving that to Florida in June, trying to keep the miles off of it.
banghead.gif

Towing four busas and all our gear in a 8' X 20' enclosed trailer with a 2007 Ford F-150 4X4 that will average 10 MPG. Right at 1000 miles one way from Kansas City to the Gap. Lets see, if gas would average $3.50 a gallon, that would be about $350.00 one way!
SHOCKED.gif
Now lets look at it without the trailer. 1000 miles on a busa that would average 35 MPG = approx 29 gal of fuel X 4 hayabusas = 116 gal. X $3.50 a gal. = $406 plus rear tire wear. So looks like taking the trailer will save about $112 plus tire wear on the busas plus we will have all our gear, tools, spare tires and wheels and other spare parts.

4_busas_headed_for_bash_in_trailer.jpg

Towing four busas and all our gear in a 8' X 20' enclosed trailer with a 2007 Ford F-150 4X4 that will average 10 MPG. Right at 1000 miles one way from Kansas City to the Gap. Lets see, if gas would average $3.50 a gallon, that would be about $350.00 one way!
SHOCKED.gif
Now lets look at it without the trailer. 1000 miles on a busa that would average 35 MPG = approx 29 gal of fuel X 4 hayabusas = 116 gal. X $3.50 a gal. = $406 plus rear tire wear. So looks like taking the trailer will save about $112 plus tire wear on the busas plus we will have all our gear, tools, spare tires and wheels and other spare parts.
Well, I guess that is one way to look at it.
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

I am leaving the trailer in LA and putting Mr. Busa in the back of the truck.

That way we only spend about $200 on motion lotion and have more $ available for milk and cookies
thumb_up.gif

guns.gif
Well my buddies Yukon pulling our trailer gets about 10mpg! And im about 1100 miles each way!

Average cost per gallon now, is $3.30ish from here to there, So that equals $363 each way, plus tolls!
You guys aren't taking 95 straight down are ya? We run 78 out to 81 to 26 to 40. 95 will cost ya $$$.

yeah, 95 sux much wang, its freaking rediculous $$$ for tolls on 95

I dont have a clue what the suburban will get haulin the load but I'd wager 10-13mpg. Get 19ish on the highway normally
beerchug.gif

Don't let me forget to fasten Linda's seat onto trailer. After last year, she's become the outdoorsie travel type...
cool.gif

MVC_003S.JPG

I am leaving the trailer in LA and putting Mr. Busa in the back of the truck.

That way we only spend about $200 on motion lotion and have more $ available for milk and cookies
thumb_up.gif
How many bikes are you putting in the back of the truck?  I thought that David and Kevin are coming
rock.gif
David found a girl friend (first one that has ever met him twice) and he is... shall we say distracted and NOT coming with us.

Kevin?
He is coming but he is gonna have to furnish his own transportation. When I pulled the trailer up to Barber we went through nearly 3 tanks of gas and I told him that this trip I was putting the Busa in the truck and leaving the trailer at home!

It'd cost me $500 to pull that thing to Robbisville and back. With the Busa in the back we usually get pretty good mileage and I can haul a**.

At least thats the plan now...

Back