Scar visits Seattle, again

I like where Wing Ding is going... Listen to Wingding...
beerchug.gif

I am up for just about anything. We are coming from Portland, so a little out of Seattle isn't that big of a deal. Something where we won't have to be entirely civil would be cool. But everything you have named is pretty much new to me. So name a place and we will show up!

Side note, anyone know if the Seattle underground tour is running right now? The wife really wants to do it, so I am trying to check into now.

I've heard the Underground tour is pretty cool...
thumb_up.gif

WingDing, you want to pick a place that fits the bill out in Alki? It's not too far for anyone I don't think, and there is some great views/photo ops... Duke's sounds good, never been there, menu looks tasty though.

Otherwise the Lake Union places would offer that little bit of free suburban parking.

I vote for Dukes on Alki or Bluewater Bistro on Lake Union. Bluewater has more parking and a big outdoor patio. Both are right on the water. Alki can get crazy packed but I think we're past that now and Sunday it would not be that bad.

WingDing, you want to pick a place that fits the bill out in Alki?  It's not too far for anyone I don't think, and there is some great views/photo ops...  Duke's sounds good, never been there, menu looks tasty though.  
As long as Jeffery and the Mrs. from Portland aren't opposed (they're already driving hours to be there), the 'north of Seattle' idea works for me, as I'll be coming down from Vancouver, BC.

We just need to get a place identified (Dukes?) and make it stick. Those who can make it, should; those who can't, well, it'll be my misfortune to have missed you.

Keith: your idea of the large, outdoor patio is fantastic. That way, if we do get a little crazee, peeps won't be bothered...

I vote for Dukes on Alki or Bluewater Bistro on Lake Union. Bluewater has more parking and a big outdoor patio. Both are right on the water. Alki can get crazy packed but I think we're past that now and Sunday it would not be that bad.
Bluewater sounds great... Looking at their menu it looks a little more varied as well and it's likely not going to be too crazy.
thumb_up.gif
It being right close to downtown helps as well I would think.

So if we agree on that, now comes the fun part... What time???

1700-1800-1900
rock.gif

Personally I'd aim for about 1900. Not too early so folks can still be out and about having a full day doing whatever in Seattle etc... and not too late for those who have to work.

Thoughts?

Bluewater Bistro?

I'm down for that.

All non-military types...1900 = 7:00 p.m.

Bluewater Bistro 7pm (1900), Sunday, 17 August.

Everyone should bring their camera. We'll post some pix for the .oRg family.

beerchug.gif

I have my final points race & shootout the day before but will see how i feel and if okay i'll come up too..if you don't have a NW thread up already i would put one up the more the merrier...

Hey, all...I've arrived in this great city, once again. Spent the afternoon stimulating the economy at Cycle Barn and this evening at dinner with my gracious hosts.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday night.

Keith: I'll probably see you at the 'office' tomorrow.

Scar

Had lunch with Keith (Revlis) and Kelly (Trever VanPageant) this afternoon at Maddox.  Great food, nice setting, unparalleled conversation.

Thanks, bruddahs...

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

Scar to waitress (joking, of course):  "Do you have any seedless lemon wedges for my tea?" ->>
argue.gif
<<-- Waitress (not joking):  "No."

Scar! How is the Northwest treating you?

Things here are a bit crazy at the moment. My dad went into the hospital Monday. Still there, but I don't know which one. Long story about how we get along, but I still plan on being there Sunday, unless things go really bad. Will call Sunday and let you know.

Looking forward to it... I am gonna need it to get me through the week of no .org

Back