Back from Seattle

what kind of job/career are you in Mrs Rev.
Finance? Just wondering "me as the analyst" sounded like a financial analyst......

what kind of job/career are you in Mrs Rev.
Finance? Just wondering "me as the analyst" sounded like a financial analyst......
I'm an actuarial analyst. One of these days I aspire to be a full-fledged Actuary...
biggrin.gif

Actuaries are the folks that give a value to the risks that insurance companies take.  It's a lot of statistics and mathematics. Here's a link to a good description:

WTF is an Actuary?rock.gif?

<!--EDIT|Mrs. Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100704771 -->

laugh.gif

Actuaries are the analytical backbone of our society's financial security programs. They are the brains behind the financial safeguards we have implemented in our personal lives, so we can go about our daily lives without worrying too much about what the future may hold for us. These are the safeguards that protect us from life's catastrophes. The insight into risk that actuaries have also helps to ensure that our savings are working hard for us, so that everything we love and cherish can grow and flourish. The work of actuaries benefits all of us. [/QUOTE]

Holy CRAP!!!  Where do you keep your fugging Cape, and why haven't you given me a tour of the HALL OF JUSTICE there Supergirl???  

Yeah, Actuaries seem to have superpowers to keep us safe...  It's amazing... ROTFL...  Real modest bunch too...
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100706296 -->

Cape's been at the drycleaners... Can't very well tour the facilities without proper attire...

blush.gif
I didn't go through the whole description. In the past it's been a good description, but it seems to have been "updated". Just disregard that last bit there...
blush.gif

And remember that the site is directed at selling the career field to soon-to-be-college-grads
smile.gif

blush.gif

Well Now If you get all the members along the way, like Forrest Gump did, to follow you out. We could make the Show and Michelle (VA) and Gjoker could be the hosts. Show all of the places where sportbikes hang out. Doing 190 across the Great Salt Lake Highway or Come through the South. In Texas, see the reaction to the Busas, maybe stop at San Antonio and do the Riverwalk. Maybe stop at Four Corners and put your Busas in two states at once. Maybe for a little controversy flip off a Highway Patrolman on Route 66 and run like hell. Swing through Phoenix and blow the doors off some $75,000 Pro-Street Cage. Maybe have a Homecoming Bash in Monterey just before the Races. Some kind of Dramatic Ending before Mrs. Rev starts her new job location and you get back into the daily grind....

Hehe
Roy

Oh yah when they took those Real Estate Photos in WA. It's either Photoshop or the shutter caught the very brief moment that there was sunlight.

Look at the posts, RAIN, DRIZZLE, RUST PROMOTING, MOISTURE FILLED ATMOSHPHERE in Washington State.

R'sN

I'd make a terrible host~ I haven't been in them parts since 1984~ I'm sure it's grown so much since then even I'd get lost!  Does sound like a fun trip though.. let's do it!!
biggrin.gif

I'd be curious to know the appreciation rate for real estate in the two areas....I know that my home in sac. has doubled in value in the 3 years I've been there....then again, they say the bubble's gonna burst someday, too. I do know that no one in norcal has done anything but make assloads of equity if they've purchased in the last 5 years.

Then again, It seems home prices in the NW have taken a HUGE jump since I left in '86, so I guess them folks is makin' some equity up, too.....

Oh yah when they took those Real Estate Photos in WA. It's either Photoshop or the shutter caught the very brief moment that there was sunlight.

Look at the posts, RAIN, DRIZZLE, RUST PROMOTING, MOISTURE FILLED ATMOSHPHERE in Washington State.

R'sN
YEAh, I can picture the Realtors camping in front of homes for sale waiting for sunlight...
smile.gif

Well I'm not going to worry to much about it. I figure I dig clouds, and it'll just mean I get to buy some good rain gear. I dunno what else to do...

I think I'll dig the NorthWest, Piddling drizzle and all. Not everyone hates it or no one would live there. Just like me hating fuggin Florida, it's hot Buggy and allways Sunny, but some folks dig it. Go figure.

Besides, other than weather, I cannot come up with any other negative to living North of Seattle. It's less crowded, more affordable, more laid back, and I think it would be more my speed anyway.

Cali... Man, I'm not blind, I can see the negatives clearly... WAY Over crowded, High Taxes, insane housing costs, High Utility costs, and there are some crazy gun laws to boot.

Oh and them Pesky Earthquakes... I know I know they are not that big of deal right? But uh, they do kinda sneak up on ya...
smile.gif

There's good and bad everywhere man, no way around it.

I dunno, I think it's the small Mountain town part of me that has been repressed but the Idea of actually getting a house on a few treed acres would be the cats ass...
thumbs-up.gif
I want Privacy, I want a work shop... A steel building outback, with good lighting and 220V... A place to really DO STUFF.... Washington would be good for this. Cali... I'd have to live in the garage...
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

SOOO....Revlises.....where ya at now WA or CA?
rock.gif
???
RSD huntin hey?
rock.gif
.....gonna have to hunt for a long time to tag one......shitty thing is, they whine like toddlers, and bleed like stuck pigs when ya get one, not to mention they're covered in fatty gristle, and have a horrible stench ta-boot ......don't know if I can put up with that....maybe we'll just have to gut it while it's warm and cook up it's liver on the spot.....wait, that won't work....the liver on that things gonna be rotten!!

And yes Rub, I do realize yer gonna be readin this.......tryin to provoke a response....beyotch!!!

rock.gif

Moving up to the NW would make it so that you and Mrs. Revlis would be close to us canucks eh!! I'm sure myself, MSF,RSD,Iced,etc... would be more than happy to rip up some roads with you, heh heh!!  Plus your only a short distance away from some great twisties.  Hope this helps

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100752701 -->

Picture_067.jpg

I think with everything said Seattle area seems your best choice IMO. The steel work bldg in the back is the icing on the cake,,,,,,,go Washington.

I'd be curious to know the appreciation rate for real estate in the two areas....I know that my home in sac. has doubled in value in the 3 years I've been there....then again, they say the bubble's gonna burst someday, too. I do know that no one in norcal has done anything but make assloads of equity if they've purchased in the last 5 years.

Then again, It seems home prices in the NW have taken a HUGE jump since I left in '86, so I guess them folks is makin' some equity up, too.....
The Appreciation rate is still higher in California, but I'm with the skeptics on this... It is going to all come crumbling down... When I am looking at 1600 sqft, of old worn out, 1960's condo for $300k, it says to me it cannot last... It's simply illogical.

People from out of state are not going to be willing to pay the money, the locals are allready in it so they may or may not know the difference. But from an outsider pov? It's just crazy. I really do get concerned about the prospect of droppin $500K on a house, only to have the market crumble, which I believe it has to do. It's happened before, Dallas it happened about 15 years ago I think, Denver had it happen to some extent just about 5 years ago. So it's not impossible to end up upside down, with a $500k home mortgage on a house worth $300k. Imagine spending $350K for a house whose actual worth is $60k and the market drops out and leaves you trying to sell that house for $100k.... That Idea scares the hell outta me...

I mean a $250k home here in Tampa, costs about $330k in some parts of the Seattle area, I think that makes sense, that's not too bad. But when the same $250k home costs $800k??? 20 minutes from San Francisco, or hell $1.5mil even closer? It no longer makes any sense. On the Beach or with a view of the City and Bay??? I could see that. But we are talking normal everyday house houses... Nothing fancy, nothing spectacular. That's scary...

We'll see though, Cali isn't out of the running by any means, there is a lot of good things out there and good jobs. If I could find some housing that's not an hour away from work and still reasonable I would be fealing much better about it though. Even if I cannot, I'll draw a 1/2 hour line around a BART station, and start house hunting...
smile.gif

Oh and those Cali folks that owned property before it exploded out there...
thumbs-up.gif
good work, damn good timing...
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hmmm.......... since we last left Our little indecisive couple The Mrs.s has devulged her identity as the sole provider of Safety and Well Being of the majority of the populace, as her sidekick the Inquisitor, has to come to terms with being a tagalong to her ever ascending status, as being only second to Mother Nature, the Most important woman to move to the West Coast. Which leads us to the question of Shall they move to Washington State and SHE in accordance with her title, actuate with precision, the risk management of the dreaded impact Mount St. Helens's impending eruption will have on the Northwest (all the while trying to keep their spirits up through THE RAIN) or move to the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoy the hospitality and social graces afforded to them via CALIFORNIA LOVE , Baby!!!!

Uhhh Yess a little tangental I am today, stir crazy, NO ONE IS HERE TODAY!!!!!!

Anyhow>...NO matter what You will come to Laguna right???

Back