Back from Seattle

Methinks my hubby is more stressed than I...
Either one is tons better than Tampa... and they've both got mountains!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Mrs. Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100552066 -->

I'm thinking Seattle could use one more "ManWhore".   That's right, put me out to stud... putting smiles on Housewives faces....

Really, both are hell and gone from Florida and this is a good thing.  Both offer better riding, this is a good thing.  Both are big enough that I will be able to find a position no problem, OR I'll OPEN my Studio in Seattle and do my own thing.

The Actual office where the Mrs would be working is about 11 miles north of Seattle, so we can look for a place about 10-15 miles further North if we so desire, which opens up a whole lot in the area.

I dunno, I really do want to get back to a more laid back environment where my lack of tan won't stand out...  
laugh.gif
 BUT The San Fran Area holds alot of appeal due the bike scene, the climate, it's proximity to Laguna Seca, etc.  It's also a place where the Biker Cafe' Idea could really work.  I dunno if it would work in Seattle...  Dunno if folks are actively riding year around or not.  I know the climate is chilly in the winter but otherwise snow free for the most part...

I think the biggest thing is the commute, and the craziness...  The wife and I can move to the Seattle area and buy a nice home, with alot of coolness to it, maybe a view of the Puget Sound even.  We could commute easily to the office, and over all our quality of life, or standard of living improves.

We move to the San Francisco area and even with significant pay increases and at best our standard of living breaks even, even living an hour outside of the area...  But then again, I prolly have a lock in San Francisco on a good job...or two...  But I would have to commute right into downtown SanFran every day...  So much for avoiding the Hustle and Bustle huh???  

I dunno...  HArd choice...  I'll just keep   and see what I can learn to help me work it out in my head...  Then the wife can tell me where we are moving and I can get on with it...  

Though the whole ManWhore thing does hold some appeal.... WHAT???  I CAN SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Damn Rev, so how is the 'ol "man-gina" workin' huh?
rock.gif
You're a sick man, but I would love to be in your shoes right now. When I first graduated from college, Seattle is where I wanted to make my nest, but after I got all the reports of RAIN all the damn time, it just turned me off. I have an old high school friend of mine who lives there, and he seems to love it. I'm a tropical person me myself. California has been an option ever since we merged with Phillips Petroleum, but it's just been hard getting a transfer unless you're a fuggin' engineer.
mad.gif
Funny thing about oil companies...they cherish engineers. They put them up in jobs that they are not even remotely qualified for, and won't give a chance to people with a degree in that particular field the job is for. Not knocking engineers or anything, but some of them have that attitude that they are better than others. I've ran across quite a few of those in my lifetime. Even dated one...
smile.gif
I've got BS degrees in Marketing and Management, and also an Associates degree in Finance. Go figure! I find that a lot more Engineers are going back to school to get their business degree to give them better opportunities. Maybe one day somebody will call me up with an offer...
1zhelp.gif
idea3.gif
I had offered LoBusa an opportunity to make me her receptionist, but she said I was underqualified...
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey Rev, why don't you and the missus just move on down to Louisiana?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
But seriously though... Good luck to the both of you. I'm sure wherever you guys decided to make the nest, you'll be happy. Once you all get settled, can I move in Rev? I don't eat much...promise
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You know this dilemna could be a good reality TV show.

Call it the "Revlises Go West"
Now THAT's a good idea Roy. The show could start out with the Rev family going through the decision-making stages, then they can do a cross-country tour and he can stop in and visit all the Hayabusa.org members along the way.
smile.gif
I bet all the Canadiens on this board will be thrilled to death not to be in Rev's path...
laugh.gif

Now you must realize that the show won't be a hit unless Mrs. Rev changes her attitude. She's all nice, warm, and fuzzy. She has to turn until a real "BITCH" to make this show a true reality show. Mr. Rev has got that one nailed down though...
laugh.gif

Thinker, I am guessing you just don't want me in your backyard... I don't blame ya, I wouldn't want to live near me either.
[/QUOTE]
That's right. There can only be one long winded blowhard in the NW, and that is me. But you and/or Thrasher would give me a run for my money.
smile.gif

Like I said....the Summers are to die for. You will love it. Just know that you will have some time for bike mods during the other months.

Good Luck

He He... Brian your killin me... The Mrs. Got a call back today from the San Francisco office... So That is probably a done deal, it's a perfect fit for her career wise.. So now we wait for Seattle to make an offer...

Anyway, I'm a little out of hand here. I am just sort of psyched... I hope I don't wind up dissapointed, but really the worst thing that can happen is we stay here and she works for a local company for awhile longer and I stay in my office with a view of a fountain and trees down on the bay...
laugh.gif
So for the most part this whole ordeal really is win win.
biggrin.gif
Now I am thinking I might need a new F150 to carry the bike across country.
wow.gif
Yeah I don't think she'll buy that either... I gotta try though...

thumbs-up.gif

Thinker, I am guessing you just don't want me in your backyard...   I don't blame ya, I wouldn't want to live near me either.  
That's right. There can only be one long winded blowhard in the NW, and that is me. But you and/or Thrasher would give me a run for my money.  
smile.gif

Like I said....the Summers are to die for. You will love it. Just know that you will have some time for bike mods during the other months.

Good Luck[/QUOTE]
What if I promise to Lay Low??? You know, not stir up too much shid? Maybe Just a little in Canada?
rock.gif
I gotta go see Flying Swan and her cafe', Iced, Monster, and of course I must track down RSD and Buy him a Guiness...
thumbs-up.gif
Sound like a deal?

And regarding the winter months up there, I know it doesn't snow much and tends to just be wet and cold... How about a Roadcrafter suit? Wouldn't that about do it???

Peace man, if I get out to the west coast I am looking forward to meeting everyone out there. Yeah consider that a promise... or a Threat I guess....
smile.gif

Rev

smile.gif

Burley, ID.

You and the Missus should bag this whole upwardly mobile thing and become potato farmers in Burley, grow old together and die at the ripe old age of 104.

Steve

I told ya Rev : Honolulu!
thumbs-up.gif

My buddy lives in between Lynnwood & Everett and works in Downtown Seattle, only 27 miles but - Takes over an hr to get there ...
sad.gif

I told ya Rev : Honolulu!
thumbs-up.gif

My buddy lives in between Lynnwood & Everett and works in Downtown Seattle, only 27 miles but - Takes over an hr to get there ...  
sad.gif
Yup, but you need to come to Tampa Bro... Experiance the idiocy run amok down here on the roads... I live 8 miles from work and on a real good day, still takes me 20 minutes. What I find really funny is the number of people who commute from the east or in some other areas that are in complete denial... They say "The commute isn't bad" (Not at 0600) They say oh it's a smooth drive, (Yeah every night on the news I watch em' sitting in a parking lot.)

After just a couple of months in the Tampa area just about anywhere else is going to be an improvement, the drivers are that fuggin sorry...

The bonus of the Seattle area would be the lack of commuting into the city. In fact we are batting around the Idea of living Downtown, and commuting <table style=filter:flipH>bassackwords</table> See, the office up there is north of Seattle about 11 miles in Mt. Lake Terrace. So if we lived downtown it would be a short commute the opposite direction... Won't have to worry about getting caught up... OR we get a house in Mill Creek or Edmunds which are both a short drive to Mt. Lake...

Everett might be a little too far north to be conveniant....

But maybe I will be working from home... So that would be the cats ass...

As for Honolulu? Umm, That comes back to cost of living?
smile.gif

Burley, ID.

You and the Missus should bag this whole upwardly mobile thing and become potato farmers in Burley, grow old together and die at the ripe old age of 104.

Steve
Yeah, Ain't Yuppie SCUM nasty...  And then Horror of Horror, YUPPIE DINKS!!!  Yup Dual Income NO KIDS...  Scum of the earth I tell ya, serving no earthly purpose but their own...

Actually Bro, I still don't consider us Yuppies really.  I mean there is a certain amount "Liking nice stuff"  Materialism present for sure, (Mostly due to my unsatisfying childhood)
smile.gif

but over all I think I can say with reasonable confidence that we (more the wife really) aren't into impressing anyone.  

Don't make me take pictures of our car to prove a point...
smile.gif

We are awfully little bitty fishes in an American Culture of "more is better and look at my new shiny shid" NOW covet MY NEW SHINY SHID...   I know lots of folks get caught up "keeping up with the Jonses"  and really I say "Fug The Joneses and their rat dog."  I'll let the bucketheads out there compete with their "Shiney New Shid"  in the hopes that their car or their purse or designer printed fuggin junk will impress someone.  It's not something I wanna get sucked into...  We have almost all of America living above their means in an effort to obtain some sense of worth, or some proof of accomplishment or success... I think it stems from America's general lack of culture, lack of National Identity, or maybe a desire to obtain some imaginary status?

Bah, I know what your saying though and if there was anything biting in Colorado we would be there in an instant.  That's where I we want to live.  On about 20 acres, middle of the woods... Where I could make jewelry and sculpture and simply enjoy life...   Not some Plastic fantastic, but seeing as we really do not have the option, might as well run with it while we can...  
thumbs-up.gif

Mostly this move is getting us out of Florida and out of the South. The Heat and Humidity just aren't my friends, it makes me grumpy...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100614815 -->

smile.gif

" Mostly this move is getting us out of Florida and out of the South. The Heat and Humidity just aren't my friends, it makes me grumpy... "

Oh your gonna love the cool northwest then ...
smile.gif
and was it Mark Twain that said "the coldest winter i ever felt was a summer in San Francisco"
biggrin.gif

Wow...tough decisions for you both! Just get the hell out of Tampa before Rev completely loses it...
smile.gif

And I'm glad you're in such high demand there Mrs. R! Good to know you can pick and choose...good luck you two...

The Heat and Humidity just aren't my friends, it makes me grumpy...
Really?? You're jokin right? I would have never known...
Mr. I-Aint-riding-until-October-its-too-hot-and-buggy.

But yeah, gotta agree on the traffic part. We drive 30 miles for work, takes 45-60 mins one way. And don't even ask about the  "I'm in the left hand lane, I gotta take a right turn.. NOW" syndrome.

No matter where ya go,, it'll be better than here. Even if it IS growing potatoes in Idaho..

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100624413 -->

" Mostly this move is getting us out of Florida and out of the South.  The Heat and Humidity just aren't my friends, it makes me grumpy... "

Oh your gonna love the cool northwest then ...  
smile.gif
   and was it Mark Twain that said "the coldest winter i ever felt was a summer in San Francisco"
biggrin.gif
Funny you should say that, but I think your right... When it clouds up down here and piddles all day I get pretty stoked. I am happier and more comfortable. Besides, I miss being able to wear proper boots and flanel. Used to be my standard Uniform of the day, Flannel unbuttoned over a Tucked in T-shirt, Jeans and Boots. At least dressed like that up there I won't feel like a freak. And my lilly white skin won't stand out so much in the NW. San Fran, I'll still look like a freak though...

San Francisco area? Should be cool too, have to alter the dress code a bit, but otherwise looks like you couldn't ask for better weather... Either way it should be win win for me comfort wise. I am just plain wore out with the heat and bugs and poor drivers, I am ready for a change. I'll miss alot of the folks down here though. Goker, TKM, Raider, Cecil, and the rest. Real good people without a whole lot of pretense and BS, something that is hard to find...

Though regardless of where I end up I'll have to buy a new leather. My Full perforated just isn't going to cut it except for a few months outta the year.

Now you must realize that the show won't be a hit unless Mrs. Rev changes her attitude.  She's all nice, warm, and fuzzy.  She has to turn until a real "BITCH" to make this show a true reality show.  Mr. Rev has got that one nailed down though...
laugh.gif
Wait... Yup I missed this wicked Burn Yesterday... You calling me a beeyotch?
rock.gif
Fair enough, I am the "High Maintenance" one in the relationship. I'm allways unsettled... But thus far I have provided a significant driving force in our relationship.. (For the BETTER) I think... I have my uses...

Back