Scar visits Seattle, again

McMenamins is an Northwest brewery company with several locations.  It's a couple of brothers who take old buildings and make them into a sort of theme'd drinking place.  Edgefield is an old poor farm from back in the day.  Now it's a brewery/hotel/bars/resteraunts/winery/cigar bar/concert field/golf course... and maybe more.  If you are a Greatful Dead fan they have a tribute bar there as well.

That one is a few  miles... I think 4 from my house.  Kennedy School is another Mcmenamins.  Used to be a grade school.  Has a bar named detention  
firedevil.gif
 Please send me to detention.
hijack.gif
MCMENAMINS!!! It is the happiest place on earth. And, everyone should come to Portland to see it...on their busas. Which means then I could FINALLY have my McMenamins tour.

But first, let me explain more about the awesomeness that is McMenamins.  
rant.gif
 First, we would have to pick one of their fine establishments. There is the Edgefield Poor Farm/Old Folks Home, Kennedy School, Imbie Hall (a octagon shaped barn - built in the 1800's), the jail (soon to be opened), the Crystal Ballroom...and many, many more. They all serve BEER! Which makes many people happy. It is all local beer, so if you want craptacular Bud or Miller, go somewhere else. Here, they have Ruby Ale, Hammerhead, Terminator, Irish Stout and many many more. Then, there is the atmosphere. Lets just say, the have no dress code. What you see is what you get with the peeps who work there. And it is awesome. They have cigar bars, they have themed bars...like Honor's and Detention bars at Kennedy School. It is truly the happiest place on earth! Disneyland can stick it.

AND, for those of you who are like, "but I don't drink" the Tots (or fries, if you are me) are TOTALLY worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!! The TOTS are the best. We love the TOTS. And, I don't drink...and I love it there. It is also my kid's favorite place. (they have family restaurants at most of the locations. But, I have never really seen a kid, other than my own, be a pest there)

ANYHOO...Scar (and anyone else who wants to) we live SUPER close to the Edgefield campus. Come visit, we will take you there, and you won't want to leave. We should have our guest room back at that point and you can stay. Same with anyone else. good times...good times...

And now, you can have your thread back...
pirate.gif
Sounds very cool.

Hey...you're pretty dang good at hijacking a thread.

AAaaarrrrgh.

pirate.gif

It's a very cool invitation and I, for one, will probably take you up on it.
zzwhip.gif

Very much looking forward to meeting up with ya'llz.

Scar

pirate.gif

laugh.gif
I totally noticed...like she's a stockholder or something.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

let me know when and where.
Seriously. We're going to get together somewhere near Pike Market, Sunday, August 17, in the evening for dinner and a photo op/meet & greet.

So far, there are eight of us. If you want to come and bring any other 'busa owners/bike friends, feel free. It's going to be (as usual) a great opportunity to make new friends.

Also, I'll PM you my cell# and would appreciate you returning yours so I can contact you while I'm there.

kickass.gif

shameless  
bump.gif
 so I don't have to search for this
tounge.gif

Anyways, Wingdings in?  
woot.gif
 Looking forward to meeting a few board members!  Other than Goldenchild you are all a bunch of weird pictures and witty one-liners

glad to be remedying that!

shameless  
bump.gif
 so I don't have to search for this
tounge.gif

Anyways, Wingdings in?  
woot.gif
 Looking forward to meeting a few board members!  Other than Goldenchild you are all a bunch of weird pictures and witty one-liners

glad to be remedying that!
Jeffery:  I don't know Goldenchild...who is this, and is he/she coming?

Please advise.  I'm keeping a running total of people in my noggan.

RSVP.

Goldenchild is the cloudninemotorsports sponsor Dan. Great guy. Another crazy former Navy kind though... How many of those you really want in one place?

He is out in Boring. I haven't bumped into him in a bit on here. And with my boss going Nazi on me, haven't had time to swing by there. If I can get ahold of him, maybe I should stop and think PM, I will find out if he can make it.

Goldenchild is the cloudninemotorsports sponsor Dan.  Great guy.  Another crazy former Navy kind though... How many of those you really want in one place?

He is out in Boring.  I haven't bumped into him in a bit on here.  And with my boss going Nazi on me, haven't had time to swing by there.  If I can get ahold of him, maybe I should stop and think PM, I will find out if he can make it.
Great idea...we're going for the maximum number of .oRg members possible for the photo op...

Please keep me posted and let him know I'm eager to have him along.

thumb_up.gif

Thanks for the extra effort.

post this up in the pacific northwest forum if you've not done so already.

Here's my only concern with the Pike Market Area, not to mention it's not someplace I'm leaving my car, let alone my bike after dark. Then again I'm a paranoid freak but after dark Seattle isn't always this friendly little bunny hugging city folks paint it to be. There's a strong tendency for folks up here to glaze over or not even realize some of the big city reality that is present in many parts of downtown. Ask me about an ASP baton and the Symphony sometime.
thumb_up.gif

Here's what I am thinking, Pike Market wraps up around 1730. What if we take the group North a Bit to a Small Martini Bar with lots of local color and HUGE very tasty Martinis and good food, not amazing food or anything but interesting bar fare.... I dunno might not be what everyone is looking for, I just thinking moving outta the heart of downtown might serve us well. Especially if they are on bikes.

Just a thought... Not my Show... I'm in for wherever.
thumb_up.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
The Market is at its best in the morning. The vendors are setting up, and the place is fresh and full of energy. On summer afternoons the crowds can be overwhelming and difficult to navigate. Be warned that Pike Place is an area that closes up at around 5:30 pm, except for a few of the sit down restaurants. Much better to spend your evening in hip Belltown or in the clubs and bars of Pioneer Square. Have a great morning in the Market. You don't need to arrive before 8 or 9 am - and please don't have breakfast first. [/quote]

DOWNTOWN.jpg

thumb_up.gif

And up in the Lower Queen Ann area you find the Space needle, a Great place for a view of Seattle, and some other bars and clubs...

FWIW

Downtown2needle.jpg

Keith: Excellent recommendations. I support this fully.

We have yet to identify a place so any suggestions or insight is EXTREMELY beneficial and welcome.

In fact, if you'd like, I will leave it (the meet-up point) solely to your discretion (please keep in mind that people of a variety of income levels will be amongst us).

We have socialized together in the past and I trust your judgment implicitly (frightening to some, I know).

Would you like to take charge of that? I'm all for it.

Scar

Keith: Excellent recommendations. I support this fully.

We have yet to identify a place so any suggestions or insight is EXTREMELY beneficial and welcome.

In fact, if you'd like, I will leave it (the meet-up point) solely to your discretion (please keep in mind that people of a variety of income levels will be amongst us).

We have socialized together in the past and I trust your judgment implicitly (frightening to some, I know).

Would you like to take charge of that? I'm all for it.

Scar
I appreciate it by I am Not the MOST experienced guy when it comes to downtown stuff... I know Tinni Bigs and the surrounding area is decent and there are lots of bars and just regular restaurants. Tinni's isn't Inexpensive, but it's not Crazy.

I'd like to know how folks would feel about coming North or East after hanging out at Pike Market if they wanted to???

Now it's going to sound really self serving, but for me getting out of the city and into the land of large open and free parking, fresh air and ZERO Crack heads is a real bonus. I'd say HWY 520 to the Keg in Kirkland, or as I mentioned before I-5 North of Seattle about 12 miles to the Lynnwood area. I say self serving cause that's my area but I know of some cool spots up here that have the right environment, parking, etc that might work out better and nobody has to worry about their car/bikes being messed with.

What I'd like to find is a large outdoor patio where a large group of fanatics can get together eat some moderately priced food and be loud if we want...

Opinions?

I see WingDing has mentioned Dukes and Alki is a really cool spot, and on a Sunday Evening shouldn't be too crazy.

So anyway SCAR, as I mentioned I may not be the one to recommend stuff if we are determined to stay in the immediate Seattle area...

Back