Obsessive Bike Love - Poll

Do you blow dry your bike after washing it?

• Yes, always

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • NO, sounds obsessive

Votes: 78 33.2%
  • No, but sounds like a good idea

Votes: 66 28.1%
  • I have but only on really obsessive days

Votes: 26 11.1%

• Total voters
I only wash mine if i get caught in the rain, or a "bug storm" :whistle: otherwise, it's a good wipe down with Honda polish or Turtle Wax "ICE".. :thumbsup:

oh yeah... :welcome:

The leaf blower works better than compressed air. I would do it if I have one available.

who sprays water on there bike on purpose? wipe her down, caress her curves, wax her up, wipe off her dirty spots, she will thank you...only time she gets wet is when we ride in the rain ok that sound like a ****..sorry electrical connectors chains and the like don't like water much and neither does my butt when i sit on the seat.....

I'd like to see how many swirl marks you "no water!" guys have on your busas. . . Electrical connectors have water seals, chains are covered with oil (which in case you don't remember from science, repells water), plastic is plastic and won't be hurt by water. . . All you're doing when you wipe it off without spraying water on it is scratching it. Sure you get the dirt off, but you'll still have little swirl marks in the clear, I don't care how soft your rag is, you're still putting it on top of abrasive material so your soft cloth becomes nearly pointless. I've got almost 17,000 miles on mine and washed it with water every time. No problems yet, and I'm sure there are some on here with many more miles/washes that are still going strong. Quit feeding the myth that washing a motorcycle with water is like washing it with acid. The sad part is someone actually said that. . .

I thought it was funny all the guys that say they just use spray detailer, I guess they dont ride much, I get caught in the rain all the time in spring and summer, just yesterday I rode for the first time this year, snow was melting bad and slush and ice on the roads but had to ride, the bike looks like it was in a war, but I was ridding, didnt buy the bike to put it in car shows.

I will be washing my new bike today with less then 200 miles on it, oh the horry of water on it:laugh::laugh:

I'd like to see how many swirl marks you "no water!" guys have on your busas. . . Electrical connectors have water seals, chains are covered with oil (which in case you don't remember from science, repells water), plastic is plastic and won't be hurt by water. . . All you're doing when you wipe it off without spraying water on it is scratching it. Sure you get the dirt off, but you'll still have little swirl marks in the clear, I don't care how soft your rag is, you're still putting it on top of abrasive material so your soft cloth becomes nearly pointless. I've got almost 17,000 miles on mine and washed it with water every time. No problems yet, and I'm sure there are some on here with many more miles/washes that are still going strong. Quit feeding the myth that washing a motorcycle with water is like washing it with acid. The sad part is someone actually said that. . .

I agree 1000x on this theory!Very well said!!!!!!!!:beerchug::thumbsup::cheerleader:

i wash & dry (hand held bike dryer from my Harley days / same as leaf blower concept) mine if it's really dirty. ridden in the rain or such.

for light cleaning i use honda cleaner.

and welcome to the board

Back