Leaf blower dryer

LightCycle

Donating Member
Registered
I read on here somewhere, someone was talking about blowing their bike off with a leaf blower after a wash... yeah I laughed too!! I believe the poster even talked about the neighbors looking. Well, after a beautiful Northern Virginia commute home, and after a couple of well deserved beers I decided that the bike needed a wash. I've had it almost three weeks now and I've put over 900 miles on her. So I pulled out the bucked and the suds and all that... washed the tank... grabbed a beer.... washed the left fairing area, grabbed a beer... washed the right side fairing... well you get the point. At some moment in my feel good state, I remembered someone talking about the leaf blower. I grabbed my trusty Craftsman 202MPH gas driven blower, and commenced to blowing the water off the bike. WoW... I can't believe after all the years of washing and hand drying bikes that I never thought of this. Countless hours of preciously towl drying every nook and cranny... every under lever, every wiring harness... well you get the point. This is by far the best nugget of bike upkeep I've learned in a long time. Thanks hayabusa.org.

Now put the bucket and sponge away, have a few beers, and get out the power washer. That with the leaf blower, you can wash and dry in 10 min. and spend the rest of the time riding
smile.gif

I read on here somewhere, someone was talking about blowing their bike off with a leaf blower after a wash... yeah I laughed too!! I believe the poster even talked about the neighbors looking. Well, after a beautiful Northern Virginia commute home, and after a couple of well deserved beers I decided that the bike needed a wash. I've had it almost three weeks now and I've put over 900 miles on her. So I pulled out the bucked and the suds and all that... washed the tank... grabbed a beer.... washed the left fairing area, grabbed a beer... washed the right side fairing... well you get the point. At some moment in my feel good state, I remembered someone talking about the leaf blower. I grabbed my trusty Craftsman 202MPH gas driven blower, and commenced to blowing the water off the bike. WoW...  I can't believe after all the years of washing and hand drying bikes that I never thought of this. Countless hours of preciously towl drying every nook and cranny... every under lever, every wiring harness... well you get the point. This is by far the best nugget of bike upkeep I've learned in a long time. Thanks hayabusa.org.
+1, yep the Stihl hasn't let me down yet. The bike is pretty quick to chamois but its a must for the car.

I have a 5 hp Shop Vac that you can attach a 1" funnel onto the exhaust and create 120 mph wind. really gets teh water out of the nooks and crannies! I can now wash, dry and wax both bikes in under an hour. beautiful beautiful thing

what now wash and high speed air dry while riding
rock.gif
the busa has build in blow dryer just twist open the throttle
laugh.gif

Back