Votes: 15 60.0%
  • buy and part

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • buy and ride

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Ban-One

Registered
There was a guy down my street who had a new '08. He bought the bike in November of last year. On January of this year he was a dumbass. He took his sons and the bike, went to a CVS parking lot and started to do some stunts, without a helmet. The guy did not have much experience to say the least. Well he crashed the bike into a concrete light poll. He died. His wife has the fixed bike and she thinks that she can get 8k for it. I dont know what kind of title it has but I dont think that anyone will want a bike that someone died on. What do you think? Also do you think that it would be in bad taste to see if I can get the Busa helmet and leather jacket. I want to re-sell them?

I'd look at it like this: the guy didn't die ON the bike, he was thrown off it, or fell off it, and then died. So, he didn't die ON the bike. As far as the jacket and helmet, if he wasn't wearing either, no problem there either.

RIP fellow Busa rider.

The bike didn't kill him. It's just a machine. His lack of good judgment and stupidity killed him. Sad, but it's the facts. I wouldn't be against about buying it as long as it's mechanically sound and a fair price. Sorry if that sounds cold.

Yeah, I didn't mean that the bike killed him. Obviously it was just his poor judgement, but still. I dunno, maybe I'm a bit superstitious.

8K for a previously wrecked 08? They were selling brand new ones for $8500 at that fire sale. I say good luck... Maybe for $5k

Bad karma will follow this bike and all the gear....period.

Really, why? The bike did nothing he didn't ask of it. He made a very sad, bad choice and had he worn his gear, this thread may not even exist. Buy the bike and gear if you get it for the right price and remember, bad choices are ours to make but we have no control over fate! Just my .02???

8K for a previously wrecked 08? They were selling brand new ones for $8500 at that fire sale. I say good luck... Maybe for $5k

+1
offer 5K, then walk if she doesn't sell.
With the state of the economy, she should come around pretty fast with a single income household.

+2

Tell her that you can get a new one for $8500, the price will come down if she has any brains.

That's what I was thinking. $5k sounds a lot more reasonable to me, especially if its a salvage or rebuilt title. My guess is that she is asking that much because thats what is still owed on it, plus the cost of the repairs.

I know this sounds cold, but too bad, because I don't see anybody paying for her late husband's lapse in judgement.

Personally i would have no issue having a bike someone got killed riding. A bike is a bike to me, and as someone said, this isn't Christine. the bike didn't kill the person. Their bad decision making skills and/or bad luck killed them.

Sorry if i offend anyone by saying this, but thats the way i see it.

What is this "karma" everyone keeps referring to?

Does it come in a can?

I've searched e-bay for it and no one has it available...either good or bad flavors. It must be extremely rare for e-bay not to have it.

Back