Is the "Ultra Man" costume reeeally necessary?

i dont go with full gear 100% of the time ill admit...but protection is vital!! after some epidermal removal via asphalt best believe its a must.....or you can go with the tough gut look and go shirtless with sandals.....i see that alot here during spring break....squids :laugh:

The snell date on my doo rag expired~!~ :stoopid:

I hate when that happens!
I never raced, but rode dirt bikes from the time I was 4. So, I've had my share of tumbles through the dirt & grass & rocks & brush... That's why I like wearing gear. Who cares if you sweat? That just makes that lawn chair in the shade at the end of the day that much nicer.

OK I always wear an armored jacket mesh or leather or a warm textile depending on the weather good gloves helmet & boots but the only pants I have is the kevlar jeans.

On any ride where I go more then 10 miles I wear the kevlar jeans I know they are not the best but how do they hold up??

honestly wannabe i suggest a lot of gear specially if you are just starting out and even more so if you are thinking on getting a busa for your first. That would be your first error. Take my advise and the unsung advise of others here dont get a busa for your first. You Will wreck and just hope it doesnt kill you or someone else. You should start on an older 600 and learn. Kinda like the man from snowy river movie.....Man i just aged myself a little more:)..........." You got to earn the right to live up here!" ....Well in a way you got to earn the right to ride a busa. If you dont its your wallet and life!

BikeMonoFail.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone for their input on this subject, I really didn't give it much thought. Just thought it was for guys that actually go fast not someone that would be poking along like me. And I certainly don't want to end up as poser guy, all geared up but too scared to go over 70 mph. Guess the scooter break down could be a blessing in disguise, since most of my ride was on the freeway and I was wearing whatever jacket was at hand & (non-kevlar) jeans or shorts/sweats like all the other scooter guys I saw. I'm about 99% sure a Hayabusa will NOT be the next 2 wheeled vehicle I own. I still have to unload the scooter on some other poor schmuck! :laugh: After that I'll probably do what everyone (this site and everywhere else) is telling me to do, buy a smaller "trainer" as I like to call it. I've got two models I'm interested in both in the 600/750 range. I looked at smaller ones but they look like chinese motorcycles and after this ordeal with the scooter I want to avoid anything with wheels that comes from China! Then it's off to class and for the next year ride the hell outta that thing so I can move up to a busa! (hopefully anyway)

But everytime I read about how easy some first timer says it was... Everytime I drive past the business across from my job and see that gray one sitting there... Everytime I sit at my desk and look at the picture of the white 06 LE I crave... That 1% says go for it!

What will I call myself should I make it busa land?? I dunno I'll figure that one out when I get there ;)

Thanks
Later

For me, a leather thong provides plenty of protection. Occasionally I'll have on my plastic spiked codpiece, but it can get warm in hurry so usually not.

I'd like to thank everyone for their input on this subject, I really didn't give it much thought. Just thought it was for guys that actually go fast not someone that would be poking along like me. And I certainly don't want to end up as poser guy, all geared up but too scared to go over 70 mph. Guess the scooter break down could be a blessing in disguise, since most of my ride was on the freeway and I was wearing whatever jacket was at hand & (non-kevlar) jeans or shorts/sweats like all the other scooter guys I saw. I'm about 99% sure a Hayabusa will NOT be the next 2 wheeled vehicle I own. I still have to unload the scooter on some other poor schmuck! :laugh: After that I'll probably do what everyone (this site and everywhere else) is telling me to do, buy a smaller "trainer" as I like to call it. I've got two models I'm interested in both in the 600/750 range. I looked at smaller ones but they look like chinese motorcycles and after this ordeal with the scooter I want to avoid anything with wheels that comes from China! Then it's off to class and for the next year ride the hell outta that thing so I can move up to a busa! (hopefully anyway)

But everytime I read about how easy some first timer says it was... Everytime I drive past the business across from my job and see that gray one sitting there... Everytime I sit at my desk and look at the picture of the white 06 LE I crave... That 1% says go for it!

What will I call myself should I make it busa land?? I dunno I'll figure that one out when I get there ;)

Thanks
Later

Smart thinking, but it is all up to your maturity and respect for the bike. My first bike was a Honda Shadow cruiser I totalled it, had on a tshirt jeans boots and helmet, had a bruised knee and bruised ego. I swore off riding for about 6 months. The decided I wanted a sports bike, I looked at a bunch of different ones. I bough an 04 Limited Edition Busa, I had never ridden a sports bike before. I respected it and learned the bike from 6th gear backwards. Take your time, respect the power of the beast and ride smart, and you should be fine. Good luck!

F'en Troll.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes. What I'm referring to is the leather gear (I guess it's called) that guys wear. Personally I don't care for it but then again I've never ridden any motorcycle, hey wait do freeway legal Chinese scooters count? I dunno I just think for the casual rider (like I would be) is it really necessary? And doesn't it get hot in all that leather? On warm days while riding the scooter I had nothing but a windbreaker on and I was sweating.

You can handle the Busa - no problem!

Your scooter experience will make you a great Busa rider.

A scooter is a perfect introduction to a Busa, for sure.

Make sure you turbo it, though. The stock Busa is a bit underpowered, and you will be disappointed with it after coming from the scooter.

A turbo Busa is a perfect starter bike - anyone can ride anything - it is all about self control, oh, and freedom.

Don't forget freedom.

Just take it easy, bro, you will be fine.

Jeez you had to be on some good drugs when that pic was taken, you'd see nothing but tears in my eyes....

Yes, it can get hot wearing leathers...but at least you'll be protected in case of an accident. I don't wear a one-piece, because they suck if you stop somewhere. I do, however, ride with a two-piece suit, and it's worth the minor discomfort of being hot.
But if you are one of those guys who "knows" they won't have an accident, feel free to wear a singlet, shorts and sneakers. - Make sure you send us some pics from the hospital, though.

:bowdown::thumbsup:
skin is also gettin hot when sliding on street ,but only for short time , then its rubbed away.
see how your skin looks when you only go down with a bicycle

What may have been his speed ?
pic_123.jpg

Last edited:
You can handle the Busa - no problem!

Your scooter experience will make you a great Busa rider.

A scooter is a perfect introduction to a Busa, for sure.

Make sure you turbo it, though. The stock Busa is a bit underpowered, and you will be disappointed with it after coming from the scooter.

A turbo Busa is a perfect starter bike - anyone can ride anything - it is all about self control, oh, and freedom.

Don't forget freedom.

Just take it easy, bro, you will be fine.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back