Oversized leather jacket in the dryer?

Liquidous

Registered
anyone ever take an oversized leather jacket and toss it in the dryer on HOT. how did it come out.

i have one size too loose AGV leather jacket , someone recommended the above, and i have not tried it yet, but they said it will 'fit like a glove'.

is this recommended? any adverse affects on the leather, plastic , etc?

regards

I'm thinking you don't want to put LEATHER of any kind in the dryer. I may be wrong but that is what comes to mind for some reason....

Not sure but I'm think'in it will dry it out and the leather will crack maybe not provide as good crash protection maybe have it altered?

I would not do it. Sell it,buy a proper fit. A jacket thats too big will ride up upon impact and not do a proper job of protecting.

If the dryer wrecks it,then you have nothing,and still need to buy a jacket.

RSD.

That will ruin it, DO NOT PUT LEATHER IN THE DRYER
AAAssjani.gif
If it's too big sell it and get a proper size.

I tumbled my AGV for an hour with NO HEAT just to soften the leather up but the jacket fit me... I'd never put heat to a leather coat, ever dry leather gloves before, they are never the same again...

Had a jacket that riding in the rain caused to shrink. (alot of rain and often) Don't think its the best way to get a jacket to fit though.

Leather in the dryer is kinda scary. If you're unsure--put the cat in there and see what happens!!! (Just kidding all you cat lovers)!!

Back