Is the "Ultra Man" costume reeeally necessary?

I can't figure out how we have mandatory seat belt laws everywhere and we still have some states that don't require a helmet? Someone tell me how that makes any sense?

All the gear everytime. No one plans to have an accident....thus the name.

Dress for the crash. An ounce of prevention.... Spandex is lighter, but it gets ground into the rash so they don't use it for racing. Hard to dig out.

WTF, won't post a photo........ just links? Oh, it's because the bad word filter is filtering the folder name. Awesome!

4e359d40.jpg

Last edited:
I've always been fond of a thong, flip-flops, and a DOT/Snell approved doo rag.

Oh wait, that's not it. I don't wear a full suit or even a 2 piece suit, but I never get on the bike for a ride without an armored jacket, riding boots, helmet, and gloves.

same here brother:thumbsup:

The Ultra man suit is the best form of protection.

While others are content with a option of kevlar riding jeans or protective suit under the jeans with the Armored Jackets,lid and gloves

You can either prepare for the worst and hope for the best, or hope for best and prepare to suffer the worst... Your skin and skull, ride your ride how you like. :thumbsup:

quick test for yourself to do Hayabusawannabe easy to answer:

get dressed in shorts and t-shirt, get friend to drive you down the road in your car at 60kph, open door, jump out .... get friend to drive you to hospital and acess the damage - if ok then its ok if not rethink :)

Leather is for faggots.

I wear shorts, a singlet and a baseball cap (backwards).

Yo.

Oh, and wrap around shades.

Well as I said I don't have a motorcycle just yet so I really don't know all the rules of the road. I was just going by what I have seen, guys with tee shirts and shorts. I was thinking the whole Ultra Man deal was for guys that just want to look bad ass, like they are some sort of racer or something. I have once or twice rode on the freeway with my scooter in shorts and sandals. I guess my thinking was, "If I crash I'm pretty much dead anyway so what's the difference?" How likely are you to survive a freeway crash? Nothings certain but I would think the odds are you would get run over.

Watch some moto GP, you can walk away from a high speed slide ( I know I did), without a scratch, the leather & kevlar takes the beating. Hard on leather, but nylon burns from the heat. Once you crash a few times you get the idea that you do not die in every crash, then secondary concerns arise like road rash avoidance. You don't have to play Joe racer to get downed by a wild animal or oil slick....

Well as I said I don't have a motorcycle just yet so I really don't know all the rules of the road. I was just going by what I have seen, guys with tee shirts and shorts. I was thinking the whole Ultra Man deal was for guys that just want to look bad ass, like they are some sort of racer or something. I have once or twice rode on the freeway with my scooter in shorts and sandals. I guess my thinking was, "If I crash I'm pretty much dead anyway so what's the difference?" How likely are you to survive a freeway crash? Nothings certain but I would think the odds are you would get run over.

The risk of death aways higher for the motorcyclist. Road rash is a lot of trouble loosing your skin and regrowing is painful and leaves you far more open to the risk of infection. If you do get an infection you may wish that you did get your melon crushed because they are going to have to scrape it back down.

You are right though if some one runs over you head probably won't make it, but you would be surprised what you can survive with the proper gear. Not sure if it was here or on another forum but someone bounced their head into an aluminum telephone pole at about 80 mph, major dent on the helmet and his head was where he had the least damage to him. He lived to ride another day

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. I think the troll is getting fat though as the gear nazis are everywhere :deadhorse:

I wear an armored mesh jacket and jeans. I dont super ride. I would only wear full gear if intending to ride fast, hard, or a track.

Last edited:
I never go out without my Kevlar plated underroos~!~ :rofl:

J/K, but I know how you feel when you're in an area and around people that don't where anything but tank tops and shorts. I've been there, but that was a few hundred years ago...you learn a lot over time and know better

Even at a lax drag strip some people kinda look out of the corner of there eye and snicker a bit when we walk out of the trailer all leathered up (usually an out of the way strip (way out of the way)) until they see someone else tip a wheelie backwards and have to bend over the front of the hood with meds checking out their arse in front of every one with the rear ripped out of their pants~!~

I'd never try to be a gear nazi by any means, but you're asking and I believe in passing along the information once...then it's your choice to make. I am a firm believer in making your own choices with some edjucation on the subject. You never know until you ask~!!~

Good luck on your jump from the scooter to a possible mean machine. Just take it in your own stride and don't show off until you're ready (5 years minimum :laugh:)

PS:::What are you going to do about your name if you do end up getting a Busa~?~

Last edited:
Back