How dumb do they get??

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
Not trying to bash LEOs but this one was pretty much an idiot:banghead::banghead:

CLICKEY ME

George Brown
3:19 p.m. CST, January 27, 2012

(Memphis 1/27/2012) News Channel 3 has confirmed a Memphis police officer is in trouble after being arrested trying to buy drugs.

Melvin Robinson was on duty, in uniform and in his patrol car when he was arrested.

According to official paperwork, "Between Nov. 8, 2011 and Jan 23, 2012 he made arrangements to pick up between 5-10 kilograms of Cocaine. On Jan 26, 2012 he made arrangements to pick up 10 kilograms of cocaine."

When arrested, Robinson confessed.

He has been employed with the Memphis Police Department since October 13, 2008.

If convicted, Robinson faces up to life in prison, and up to 10 million dollars in fines.

Does everyone trying to buy coke there go to prison for life those cells must be pretty full :dunno:

Cops are just people :poke: there are all kinds good,bad,dumb,smart et..,:laugh:

Not supporting him, but up to life in prison? Man, that's harsh.
The man at least was holding down his job, he just has a problem.
AND, if you did get life in prison, how the heck are you supposed to pay up to 10mil in fines?!:laugh:
Just another example of the screwed up system.

LEO's are held to a higher standard, and rightly so. I have some friends on the MPD and I'm certain they are embarrassed about this and without sympathy.

That is alot of weight/cash, but is it worth your tax dollars supporting him in prison for life?

If he gets life it he will most likely do 8-10 and get out on good behavior.
If its life without chance of parole he's in trouble.

LEO's are held to a higher standard, and rightly so. I have some friends on the MPD and I'm certain they are embarrassed about this and without sympathy.

I bet none of them want to end up in the penal farm. It's nowhere near as bad as it use to be but still not a nice place.

Prolly so. Now to find a ballsy enough dealer to sell to an on duty, in uniform and in patrol car cop might be tough:dunno:

Well, we know now there out there. Ole boy probably said he didn't care what he wore or drove, if he got the cash he's good.:laugh: And I'm sure he isn't the only law enforcement out there doing it every day, he just got caught by dealing with someone the Feds were already watching. :whistle:

law enforcement has their 10% ers like every profession. LE is certainly no exception to that rule and they give all other cops a black eye when doing so. im sure that wasnt his first time doing that either. good luck in jail....:whistle:

i dont know about you but 10 kilograms is 22.046 LBS!! really??? who would need that much???

i am sure they are getting him for intent to deal and deliver

A local cop was busted here a couple months ago for dealing drugs. The local Sheriff wants to piss test his officers. The union says NO. Cops admit there are a lot of copc on drugs here.

A local cop was busted here last month for drugs. The local Sheriff wants to piss test his officers. The union says NO. Cops admit there are a lot of copc on drugs here.

11-year Bakersfield Police Dept.veteran arrested on drug charges - Bakersfield.com

11-year Bakersfield Police Dept.veteran arrested on drug charges

By RACHEL COOK Californian staff writer
rcook@bakersfield.com | Monday, Dec 05 2011 08:26 PM

Last Updated Monday, Dec 05 2011 08:28 PM

An 11-year veteran of the Bakersfield Police Department was arrested Friday night after methamphetamine. was found in the pocket of his uniform pants, police said Monday.

Bakersfield Police Chief Greg Williamson called the arrest of officer Ofelio Lopez, a 36-year-old patrol officer, a disappointing but isolated incident.

"It's disappointing to us," Williamson said. "It's disappointing to me as the chief of the agency."

BPD Lt. Brian Clayton said police began investigating Lopez last week after receiving information from a citizen "that one of our officers was involved in the use of illegal narcotics," specifically methamphetamine.

i dont know about you but 10 kilograms is 22.046 LBS!! really??? who would need that much???

Well, that is about 50,000 - 100,000 worth of resale..I'm guessing.. :whistle::laugh:And that's what he told his friend he needed.... He probably had everything on the other end set up already.... Somebody is pissed:banghead::rofl:

Back