west memphis three.

m_ridgeway

pipeline trash
Donating Member
Registered
anyone on here heard of them. the hbo movie paradise lost was about them. basically about 15 years ago three children were murdered in west memphis, ar. they were three younger children, and three teenagers at the time were charged with the crime.

when questioning them one young man, mentally handicapped was questioned for hours about the crime, and a confession was produced from this. then in the trial of the other two people the jury foreman admittedly read the confession in the paper and was allowed to remain and used his knowledge of the confession in the conviction..,

several people have rallied behind the boys, now men, one of the most involved being henry rollins. he payed for the dna testing of the evidence in which wasnt available at the time, and the evidence contains zero dna of the thre accused.

there were several mis-steps in the handling of this case, probably in the light of the horrendous tragedy that took place, the prosecuter judge and police wanted a quick end. which is fine but as time goes along the more clear it seems to become the accused were railroaded.

i dont know it all but i been following this here and there since i first seen paradise lost some years ago.

recently its gained even more momentum with the help of celebrity johnny depp helping to bring it to the front again. which is why i made this thread. its been popping up the last few days, and figured id see what the board had to say.

i tried to search this out to see if theres an older thread but couldnt find any so i figured id make a new one.

heres a wiki link

West Memphis 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

heres another site

Free The West Memphis Three

boys were released today after a guilty plea was entered, seem the ark court doesnt want a re-trial that was in the works...

i couldnt imagine wasting away 18 years and being set free with a guilty plea ???

I've been following it since HBO released Paradise Lost so many years ago...

The entire story has been very intriguing, that's for certain. It still bothers me that no one seems to know for certain who killed those 3 young boys, and I was shocked to see the news today about the WM3 being released after so many years have passed...

I'd like to watch the original documentaries again to refresh my memory about it all...it's been a long time since I knew the stories and controversy behind it all...

Wow that freaked me out! Since this happened today and there is another thread on them going I thought this thread was fresh as well. I'm reading your first post and then scroll down and see a post from 'Blanca Busa'? I was like who da f posted that because for sure it wasn't me! Then I saw the thread was more than a year old. Whew, thought I had been hacked :)

Too much from both sides for me to draw a conclusion. The relatives of the victims of course still think they are guilty and the loosed felons say they are innocent. That's all I know.

i dont know if they are innocent or not per say, but i know that they did not receive a fair trial.

VA i think you can watch all if not most of them on youtube, or you could at one time anyway, they have a website too.

there is alot controversy around it all and the feelings the family has are understandable, not all the victims families believe it was them currently either. they need someone to blame, its sad the judicial system is choosing not to pursue any of the new evidence which would link a relative of the victims family. either way if you think they did it or not, i believe if you look at the trial you cant believe it was fair.

m_ridgeway, are you a Bubba fan?

Just wondering. He's a huge supporter of them and talks about them at least once a month or so.. :beerchug:

m_ridgeway, are you a Bubba fan?

Just wondering. He's a huge supporter of them and talks about them at least once a month or so.. :beerchug:

yea used to be more so, when he left sirius i dont really have a way to listen anymore.

yea used to be more so, when he left sirius i dont really have a way to listen anymore.

radioIO Mornings from 5am til 9:30am its free (the Live Florida FM show) afterwards on his second channel (a pay channel) he does a live show Mon thru Thursday from 9:30 until 11:30. These shows are like the old Sirius shows.. Streaming from your phone or your computer, its pretty good. The sound quality is actually better than Sirius. He's got a future there..:thumbsup:

Thread jack turning off now.. :whistle:

radioIO Mornings from 5am til 9:30am its free (the Live Florida FM show) afterwards on his second channel (a pay channel) he does a live show Mon thru Thursday from 9:30 until 11:30. These shows are like the old Sirius shows.. Streaming from your phone or your computer, its pretty good. The sound quality is actually better than Sirius. He's got a future there..:thumbsup:

Thread jack turning off now.. :whistle:

eh its my thread and people on here i dont think are really all to interested in commentary on the wm3. :banghead:

yea the problem is i dont have good service or service at all alot of times all day on my phone and the motels i stay in i think have the junkiest routers on the planet most of the time, and my wi-fi access is mediocre at best. i would buy the subscription if i had access most of the time, but my job limits the amount of time i would have access to almost none, so i just dropped sirius on my personal radio and left it in my trucks built in radio and listen to howard while im home those few weeks out of the year. :laugh:

I hear ya. It works pretty good on the mobile phone though. I'd give it a shot if I were you, like I said, its free anyway. :D

seems to me the prosecution knows they jailed the wrong men..they also know if they hafta admit that?..those 3 would be entitled to gaggillions for wrongful imprisonment..so they cut'em a deal...plead guilty and we'll letcha walk...this way they cant sue for losing 1/2 their lives in a prison system. jmho.

seems to me the prosecution knows they jailed the wrong men..they also know if they hafta admit that?..those 3 would be entitled to gaggillions for wrongful imprisonment..so they cut'em a deal...plead guilty and we'll letcha walk...this way they cant sue for losing 1/2 their lives in a prison system. jmho.

probably pretty much on the spot there, i think theyll be fine finacially though, im sure people are already sending them offers for their story.

Probably something to do with breaking the county. These trials run in the millions for 1 person. Now they're looking toward another one and a dream team bought by holliwood and the like. It probably came down to, nothing can bring those children back, they've spent 18 years in prison, we can't afford to do this again.

figured i'd bump this back up, hbo has been playing the paradise lost series with the new "paradise lost 3 : purgatory" released. really bizarre case from beginning to end.

theres another documentary coming out called "west of memphis" and a movie being made called "devil's knot". while they basically forfeited a civil lawsuit against the state with their alford pleas, im sure these films will compensate them enough among other things they have going to make them wealthy enough to live a good life.

Did you watch the 3rd documentary? I saw it was coming out, but I don't have HBO.

This story has always intrigued me, and I'll be honest, I'm not sure if the WM3 did it or not...I never could get on the band wagon about them being completely innocent, but if you watch the first 2 documentaries, it's had to say they're 100% guilty...

Still remains an unsolved case, with 3 little boys murdered...that is the biggest crime IMHO

Back