west memphis three.

I started watching the HBO 3rd documentary last night, but fell asleep. I will pick up where I left off tonight.
It's hard to gauge guilt or innocence from a documentary, as film is edited to make things seem a particular way, on purpose or not.
I will say that there are waaaaay too many questions about how the trials and appeals were handled for there to be guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The things I found most troubling about the situation were
A) DNA evidence that excluded the guys that were convicted,
B) Same DNA implicating one of the victim's stepfathers who lied under oath about when he last saw them,
C) Every appeal being heard by the initial trial judge even when he was asked to recuse himself.
D) Juror misconduct concerning the jury foreman, he had spoken of his belief of their guilt to his own lawyer both before and during the trial.
These things are facts, and cast serious doubt on the convictions of those guys. Not saying that they didn't do it, but it's not an open and shut case at all.
The saddest part is the fact that there are still 3 dead little boys (one named the same and the same age as my son is now when he was murdered, that hit home hard for me) whose family still don't know what the circumstances of their deaths were.

Did you watch the 3rd documentary? I saw it was coming out, but I don't have HBO.

This story has always intrigued me, and I'll be honest, I'm not sure if the WM3 did it or not...I never could get on the band wagon about them being completely innocent, but if you watch the first 2 documentaries, it's had to say they're 100% guilty...

Still remains an unsolved case, with 3 little boys murdered...that is the biggest crime IMHO

yea ive watched it and have it on my dvr. its pretty well produced and has new interviews and video from hobb's definitions where he gets questioned about the events. looks pretty bad on him.

this case has been poorly handled from day 1, without some honesty from the people that did the railroading back then it will never be solved imho. like the knife that was found in something like an hour and a half thats been in a river for 4 or 5 months? i agree i cant say 100% that they didnt do it or have any involvement, but i can say they never received a fair trial.

i agree on the biggest tragedy is that now justice will never be served. like i said before i cant say 100% they are innocent but the courts actions in freeing a man that was on death row with a guilty plea speaks pretty loudly for the state and prosecutors convictions that the boys now men are the murderers.

I started watching the HBO 3rd documentary last night, but fell asleep. I will pick up where I left off tonight.
It's hard to gauge guilt or innocence from a documentary, as film is edited to make things seem a particular way, on purpose or not.
I will say that there are waaaaay too many questions about how the trials and appeals were handled for there to be guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The things I found most troubling about the situation were
A) DNA evidence that excluded the guys that were convicted,
B) Same DNA implicating one of the victim's stepfathers who lied under oath about when he last saw them,
C) Every appeal being heard by the initial trial judge even when he was asked to recuse himself.
D) Juror misconduct concerning the jury foreman, he had spoken of his belief of their guilt to his own lawyer both before and during the trial.
These things are facts, and cast serious doubt on the convictions of those guys. Not saying that they didn't do it, but it's not an open and shut case at all.
The saddest part is the fact that there are still 3 dead little boys (one named the same and the same age as my son is now when he was murdered, that hit home hard for me) whose family still don't know what the circumstances of their deaths were.

i couldnt agree more. my son is 7 y/o right now too. it's hard to even comprehend the families suffering. sad that the powers that be cant understand that people would rather have an honest re-trial and find without a shadow of a doubt whos guilty and whos not. by doing what they have done they have said, finding justice isnt worth the cost or trouble. thats what i believe would bother me worse than not finding the killer, knowing the people that have the job to seek justice are not.

Back