Caps thoughts on the 08 Bash

I will be there next year for sure. One more PITA you are going to have to meet!
laugh.gif

cap great to meet you and kristie i had a BLAST wish it would never end but i do like the water idea i got back my room was locked and had no way to get something so i grapped one from a member but that would be awesome

i really like the idea of the morning and evening info meetings along with the whiteboard...this would give everyone a central location to see what is going on and help them plan their days a little better...there are just too many people attending to be able to contact everyone in the event of a schedule change

in fact, there were people there this year that had been on the board as guests and hadn't joined as members yet...this is fine in my book but makes it impossible for us to know who all is there...like solarbarack said, it would be nice to have a sign-up sheet with screen names, real names, any contact info (including who to get in touch with in case of an injury), and where they are staying

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Rayabusa0818 @ Apr. 29 2008 said:
1395121[/ATTACH] PM]
6. Basic needs like water and maybe snacks could be provided throughout the day.

Or just follow a crazy man to a restuarant that is closed or a GPS to one that doesn't exist
smile.gif
You mean DQ didn't change their name to KFC?

And I thought we were following a crazy man both times!

biggrin.gif
That is almost sounds like trips to get charge cords from Best Buy?

Man, is stinks that I missed the Bash. Wish I could have been there...

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

To Cap n tha Missus: you guys are just awesome folks, plain n simple-glad to finally make your aquaintance in person n do some riding with you
beerchug.gif
cant wait for the next Bash!!!

-I agree the White Board for contact info (esp. EMERGENCY contact info) should be implemented. Even with crap reception, this could be used to show the "daily itenerary" of group rides to certain areas so folks can decide who/when/where they want to ride. I for one was really diggin the big, slow group rides-I can tear a$$ at home in WI and peel my eyelids back with breakneck speeds when I'm by my lonesome; but when I have 10-20 friends with me I much prefer the 'nice n easy' pace to check out scenery n just enjoy each others' company...racin is for racetracks homies (damn....did I just say that??? MUST be gettin old
cool.gif
) Also I think the board could help us figure out the end-of-Bash photo shoot easier-have all the folks post up their rides/colors and then we can organize the group for the shoot before we even ride out; it would allow us to waste less time preparing for the shoot, if we just rolled up in order of shooting preference...

Amy n I filled our cooler the last day for the shoot with water/gatorade to bring to the group shoot n Fontana, n it was GONE pretty quick (over 20 gatorades n 30+ water bottles wasnt even close to taking care of everyone...n considering the temps there every day, Im suprised more folks dint pass out from dehydration) Im the type who overheats extremely quick, so I'd gladly volunteer to be in charge of making sure everyone stays hydrated next year (hmmm....might havta find myself a "Bobby Bouche" outfit
firedevil.gif
'Hey, Watah-Boi!' LoL)

I was glad to see my group rides had a lead/swingman making sure no one got lost with comm. systems-i think should be almost mandatory next year for all group rides, just to keep tabs on everyone...the canyon-carvers can flame me, but I really wish all the racing would get left to the racers-most of the folks who showed up are NOT that good in the twisty stuff (n it showed
guns.gif
) we need to have a few SERIOUS groups that really want to run all-out get 6-7 guys up in the Dragon like corner-workers spaced a few turns apart to "watch" the dragon for public traffic n LEO presence, not to mention road conditions...when I used to street race just for the 1/4mi stuff, we'd have one guy around the way watchin main road for LEOs, another at EACH end of the 'track' making sure nothing popped out on the road (animals, debris, etc) and one more posted up at the 'escape route' to guide us away in haste, if need be....this would help alot i think, n for those that want to hit the Dragon n really open'er up, it shouldnt be a big deal to chip in $20-$30 each for some nice-range walkie-talkies for the 'corner-guys' to use in conjunction with their 'flags' (hand signals worked for us) to keep all the guys running hard, but SAFE.

**My biggest goal, and I think ALL of us should be trying for this; is to have next year's Bash ACCIDENT FREE. If we can tout real statistics to the local LEO with proof we arent part of the 'problem' (that being bikers wreckin on their roads) I think they'd give us some slack n we could ride alot more comfortably.**

The Phillips seems like a great place to hold the Bash...but it has a definite "size limit"; if we can find another site, a lil bigger with campgrounds/ cooking area for the grills n such, that would be ideal for next year:from the responses I've seen, Im sure next year's Spring Bash could easily double in size and if we could just book-up one single Hotel to hold the event that would be awesome n should afford us some considerable savings...but Mrs. Reba was really good about looking out for us, so if she has a year to plan and mebbe arange some things for us, it may be worth it to go back to the Phillips, as long as we dont have to
STAY OUT OF THA ROOOOOOOOOAD!
guns.gif

LoL

guns.gif

Overall I thought things went pretty well for such a "loose" organization... I will stick with David on food duty..
smile.gif
(never got hungry all weekend)

One of the girls mentioned and I agree (Maybe Jess?) about contingency plans.. most of the "organized" rides went off pretty well until the weather hit..

Riding groups: I agree, there is a big disparity in riding ability in the ranks

Just not sure how you are going to split out riders that ride at 90% with riders that run at 40% (both going the same pace)

Hopefully we have created a few new "Ride leaders" that know the general road layout so we can run smaller groups? (max 8 bikes per group?)

Anyway, there are enough smarts in this place to figure out some good solutions....
thumb_up.gif

As for bigger accommodation's, there is Fontana Village. It has cabins and Inn rooms. The cabins are more expensive for a couple but can be split up with others. The one bad part, you loose the feeling of staying at the Phillips.

I am not opposed to moving next years Spring Bash, but we need to think long and hard about that decision.

There are already some discussions on the table for next years Spring Bash. Stay tuned, same bat channel.......

Back