Another wheelie question

MeltDownZ

Registered
I've been experimenting trying to bring the front up. Following the advice of some other posts, I've used just the acceleration method and am not going to try clutching it. A question to those more experienced... Using the acceleration method, is it easy to bust your azz by looping the bike? At this point, I'm letting it right down as soon as it comes up become I'm chicken it's going to flip.

Yes, it's easy to hurt yourself by going over too far. Try borrowing (renting in some states) a small dirt bike and practice finding the "balance point" while doing a wheelie. Once you find that point (easiest and best to try on a 4-stroke dirt bike), you can more easily find it on the 'Busa as well.

When all else fails, if you think you are going to loop it, tap the rear brake pedal. It will bring you back down... albeit very quickly. New fork seals anyone?

well here is a tip, good or not.....Have all your braking done by the time you enter a corner then back on the gas as much as you want at the apex. This works very well.

well here is a tip, good or not.....Have all your braking done by the time you enter a corner then back on the gas as much as you want at the apex.  This works very well.
... and the winner of the prestigious "I didn't even bother to look at the post topic, let alone the body of the post." goes too...
40__s.gif
bowdown.gif

unless you plan on a welding 12:00 bar on the back or you get really good at getting on and off the gas your not going to ride on one wheel very long.
12:00 is your balance point just be carefull or go nuts!!

hey MD.....The balance point is way up there on the bike. I wouldn't sweat it too much on looping the bike with its long wheelbase. Just be careful when closing the throttle. It can be very abrupt and the front end can come slamming down hard.

Try useing 2nd gear insted of first. First gear is going to want to come up alittle faster than 2nd. 2nd will come up a little slower and more controllable. I know you said that you don't want to use the clutch but when your going faster it won't seem as bad. Or you can do the bounce trick. While you are going down the road 2nd gear in the meat of it. Stand up and push down on the pegs to bounce the bike and grabbing a handful at the same time. It will come right up without clutching it. Be safe DON'T FORGET WERE THE BAKE BRAKE IS. I never had to grab the back brake usually you are safe just by rolling of the throttle.

http://www.puresynthetics.com

<!--EDIT|1badasbusa
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1092024907 -->

I must be doing something wrong ,I cant for the life of me get the front wheel to lift..all that seems to happen when i frap the throttle open is a red shift in the light spectrum...a sort of rushing noise in my ears and a warm feeling in the seat of my pants!!!!!!

sorry guys I must have had way too many windows open and got the wrong topic....thanks for the award...It would not have been possible without you. Wheelie-ing in a corner really isn't the best idea, but on another note it can be done, usually by accident....but when coming out of a corner it is really cool to pull that wheel up!!

i've tried to wheelie,not easy with bike this big tho:( i dont bother trying now,but im still happy with her):D

Back