Wheelie Question Again

OB_Quincy

Registered
Well first I will like to say thanks to all that answered my questions about wheeling my Busa. I'm quite confortable with popping little wheelies now and getting to the big ones.

NOW THE QUESTION:

1. How do I hold the bike up once the front end is up?

2. I have a friend with 98 ZX7R. His bike can't pull up by just cranking the throttle like the busa ;) , so what does he do? I tried the same thing I do on my bike with his and the bike just accelerated... no wheelie.

Thanks

The ZX7 has a couple of options for going mono.

1. The bounce- In first gear sit back on the seat pin the throttle hard up to maybe 7000rpms back off the throttle and then hammer it again. The action of the front springs rebounding will help loft it as you get hard on the throttle.

2. Clutch- Same as above except instead of the bounce simply fan the clutch while keeping the throttle pinned. Try it at lower RPMS then work your way up until you get the front to respond the way you want

BE CAREFUL

don

If you get the front off the ground high enough you should be able to keep it there all day. Just shift very quick through the gears and keep it in that "Sweet Spot" not to mention an air shifter is AWESOME for shifting doing wheelies. So just get it up into that balancing spot (Sweet Spot) and ride her out. It would most likely be easier to start in 2nd gear, then you can go further without learning to shift yet.

As for the ZX7 bounce it or gear it, drop 1-2 down in the front and it will come up on command!

1 tooth down on the front of the older ZX7's makes a world of difference!..

The way that bike is designed it is pretty hard to wheelie it like others.. unless you are an experienced fork bouncers etc...

P.S. as for myself i have no troubl;e keeping her up through the first4 gearsgets kinda tricky after that! <-CBX wheelie King!

Back