wheelie

I was getting sick and tired of watching my friends wheely'ing all over me one day on their F4i and SuperHawk, so I took their advice and revved it up to about 7k rpms, let off the throttle a little, than, this time, actually "pinned" the throttle. I didn't even know it came up until she landed with a thump. Before, I always though I WAS pinning it, but it wasn't hard enough.

That's how I first learned.

Ohh, by the way, I love my fork seals and don't do this often. although it's fun, I don't want to pay for the undesirable concequences. Just my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was getting sick and tired of watching my friends wheely'ing all over me one day on their F4i and SuperHawk, so I took their advice and revved it up to about 7k rpms, let off the throttle a little, than, this time, actually "pinned" the throttle. I didn't even know it came up until she landed with a thump. Before, I always though I WAS pinning it, but it wasn't hard enough.

That's how I first learned.

Ohh, by the way, I love my fork seals and don't do this often. although it's fun, I don't want to pay for the undesirable concequences. Just my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

With a little practice you can contol and balance the wheelie, it doesn't have to slam down. You CAN set it down easy, and your fork seals will last:thumbsup:

I had some trouble at first getting it to come up (at least compared to my old 750), but I'm convinced it was purely mental (and new tires didn't help). Here's the equation:

Brand new bike + engine size x 2 + no second bike to ride should something happen to this one = significant nut shrinkage.

I absolutely hated power wheelies on gixxer and only used the clutch. On the 'busa, I can barely feel her begin to rise with a power wheelie. I don't really snap the throttle off and back on at a certain rpm like many on here suggest (but to each their own), I like to keep a consistent rpm and then just give it more throttle. There's more than enough power there for it to come up on its own (at least in 1st), loading the shocks or not. That just seems to add more variables to the equation. In fact, I find the less movement I make and more I just hold my position, the easier it is. The only variable I really do change is how far I slide back on the seat or lean before launch. Using the clutch in 1st seemed to produce way too much power and the tire will just spin or it starts off real squirrely. 2nd gear clutch is probably my favorite. It not as violent as doing it in 1st, yet it doesn't sneak up on me like a power.

I find this to be an odd topic. On the one hand, it is very apparent that the busa has enough power to get the front tire up with relative ease. On the other hand, since i have had my 08, not that i have made any attempt, i have not had the front come up on me at all, even while doing some pretty hard launches. It all comes down to proper throttle control. That is the ability that you really want to hone as a rider.

The Bus comes up real easy.. easy to control too.

579944388_D7cAm-XL.jpg

You wanna ask a pro.. ask tufbusa. Now THAT guy can one-wheel it like nobody's business!

slip the clutch at about 7 grand in say 3rd gear you will break that rear tire then when it hooks you go up a little. especially when it's cold out

sounds like everyone has their own tricks here.. if i give it moderately heavy throttle in first it'll come up fairly smooth, 2nd gear has only come up on me twice and i had a lot of stuff in my backpack. for reference, i'm about 6'1" and 140ish.

If you have the sak and abandon all caution u can inpersonate ghost rider on this bike.
- Ghost Rider 500Bhp Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo[/url] ... wonder what hapened to his plastics :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I lean back with my arms straight and my butt against the hump and go WOT the front end will come up at around 9000 RPM in both first and second gear. I am at 5500 ft altitude and weigh 250 lbs. My K9 is bone stock except for a K&N air filter.

Back