Wheelies On the Busa

I wheelie my bike in first quite a bit just playing around. As long as I make sure the tire's warmed up and I'm on a good surface it never spins out on me. I am running stock gearing. I can power wheelie in first and second very easily but after second that's way too fast. You fock up and you're not going to live to tell about it. My main concern is the wind. I can balance the bike fine but on a windy day the bike tends to catch alot of cross winds and move around. Just be very very smooth on the throttle and don't make any sudden movements and first gear wheelies are very possible to do.

Just don't expect to wheelie your busa 2 kms or something crazy. It won't balance very well compared to a litre bike/600/750.

How fast did it come up in 1st?
I still have the 17/40 gears. In first gear, run it up to 6500 RPM and hold it there for a second or two. If you snap the throttle open, it wil rise slowly and you can ride a low power wheelie into second. If you snap the throttle closed and back open quickly, it will pop up quick and high.

I ride with a bunch of guys with literbikes and 750's and they all pull the long wheelies....I myself mainly keep it on the ground, but everyone in a while I will pop it up briefly in 1st or 2nd....Most of the time if there are little kids asking to see it come up....it pops up quickly, but I only get it up then take it back down...

The front end comes up easily too if one of the riding buddies challenges me to a quick stop light race....once it sets back down my bike is gone....this bike is not made for stunting or doing insane wheelies....What it is made for is embarrassing all you riding buddies to the next light....I love to get it up every once in a while....but this bike is too nice and too expensive to put it at risk by popping it up too often....Haven't had it up in a month or so....may keep it that way....

How fast did it come up in 1st?
I still have the 17/40 gears.  In first gear, run it up to 6500 RPM and hold it there for a second or two.  If you snap the throttle open, it wil rise slowly and you can ride a low power wheelie into second.
Just to be sure, would I have to worry about looping doing it like this?

Also, how high does the wheel come up?

I hate suprises...
The wheel will rise slow enough that you can back off the throttle and set it down without any drama if you feel uncomfortable. I try to hold the front wheel between 2 to 3 ft (enough for the WOW factor but no chance of looping it), but it will keep rising if you don't back off the throtle a bit once it starts coming up.

any gsxr suzuki's have the oil problem. all you need is a check valve, they make it to place in the line to keep it going one way. like 5 bucks for the part i think... IF YOU DONT GET IT, IT WILL THROW OIL INTO YOUR AIRBOX AND WILL LOCK THE ENGINE UP!!! for the wheelie aspect here is a few tips 1. first gear make sure you cover the back brake get about 3-4 rpm let off and gun it a little comes right up nice and smooth, once up in the air use the throttle on/off to control it(feathering the throttle)!! this will allow you to keep it up there till you get comfy and just hold it there. or you could always relate to sugg. #2... 2. STAND UP, PULL BACK!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

wow.gif

I have just the opposite question. Is there anyway to accelerate at full throttle through the first 3 gears WITHOUT doing a wheelie?

just flexd some of my first - 1rst gear wheelies...

i see what all the fuss is about :p I told myself b4 i bought it that i wouldnt be doing wheelies... but i lied! Addicted..

<!--EDIT|PImpN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123484491 -->

i still have some rough landings, but im working out the kinks. is it better to run with a stiffer suspension setting or worse when pulling it off. soon to come is the 2nd gears trials. the found that landings are better when i throttle through it all the to the ground and continue

wheelies are fun on light bikes but the busa is hard to tell what its going do.its heavy and lots of power not a good wheelie bike i have seen people do wheelies on busa's very good but ive seen alot of wipe out trying too wheelies. its not like a 600 or 1000 going down the highway at 120 but its like you dont no what to expect. one day might be great the next you are laying in the hospital.short wheelies are fine but i would not try a stand up at least for long.when it comes down you dont know what to expect. i've seen alot of head shakes and then down on the busa's.

I brought my Busa upto 6000 rpm in first, held it there a few seconds, than gave it the gas-----> I chickened out, I felt it pull harder than anything I've ever felt pull before. Also had one heck of a cross wind, so made me rethink trying em today. Ive wheelied my YZ250, but this is a whole different Beast. I guess Im just riding the slow-bus compared to most of ya'.
bowdown.gif

16/40 get to 6000rpms pin the gas and smoke the tire
blush.gif

Stock gearing and around 7000rpm, hold it steady...make sure there is no traffic and rip the throttle open....it will shoot right up if the throttle is opened quick....just get ready to let off or hit the rear brake.....it comes up kind of quick and it could get dangerous if you are careless....

My good friend just wiped out at 60mph on his Gixxer 750 doing wheelies this week....one visit to the ER that night and I am now done with that stuff...he is all messed up....had no riding jacket on, just a long sleeve tee and under armour and he has road rash all over his elbow and forearm and road rash VERY bad on his stomach...Not to mention his bike is trashed....My guess is at least $2500-3000 damage....JUST BE CAREFUL!!!! I know I am done with this and I may start riding a little slower as well.....it just isn't worth one time to put your life at risk let alone the bike....

Stock gearing and around 7000rpm, hold it steady...make sure there is no traffic and rip the throttle open....it will shoot right up if the throttle is opened quick....just get ready to let off or hit the rear brake.....it comes up kind of quick and it could get dangerous if you are careless....

My good friend just wiped out at 60mph on his Gixxer 750 doing wheelies this week....one visit to the ER that night and I am now done with that stuff...he is all messed up....had no riding jacket on, just a long sleeve tee and under armour and he has road rash all over his elbow and forearm and road rash VERY bad on his stomach...Not to mention his bike is trashed....My guess is at least $2500-3000 damage....JUST BE CAREFUL!!!!  I know I am done with this and I may start riding a little slower as well.....it just isn't worth one time to put your life at risk let alone the bike....
Your darn right! I'm with you on this one. Did you see this post Him?

My good friend just wiped out at 60mph on his Gixxer 750 doing wheelies this week....one visit to the ER that night and I am now done with that stuff...he is all messed up....had no riding jacket on, just a long sleeve tee and under armour and he has road rash all over his elbow and forearm and road rash VERY bad on his stomach...Not to mention his bike is trashed....My guess is at least $2500-3000 damage....JUST BE CAREFUL!!!!  I know I am done with this and I may start riding a little slower as well.....it just isn't worth one time to put your life at risk let alone the bike....
Your darn right! I'm with you on this one. Did you see this post Him?
WHo mean...im more likely to trash my bike at the strip on in a sharp as curve as to tryin to wheelie. When i do pull it up its only about 2 ft not high enough to flip. But hey good post

Back