Wheelies On the Busa

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

happens every time I get on a highway, hit 3rd and the front end tries to climb up on me. I would like to know how the hell to keep the front end on the ground.
cool.gif

You guys w/ turbo's, how do you keep the front end on the ground?
rock.gif

Has anyone seen that car comercial where the guy rides a standup wheelie on a chopper?

lord have mercy on a rider that considers himself ready to ride a big displacement bike.. yet can't figure out how to wheelie it.

no offense to anybody.. and I mean that.. if wheelies are your thing.. and you can handle the consequences when it goes wrong I say hammer it..

I'm not wheelie monstor or whatever... but I do on occasion cut one loose... I just never really got the big thrill out of them that some seem to... I do remember working for several days after school learning how to get to the balance point and ride good ones on a DR125 when I was about 14 or so.

after I figured it out I basically quit doing it for some reason... never looped it whatever.. just lost interest and never really worried about it that much on any other bike.

I looove wheelies, but I must agree... the busa's not the best bike to wheelie in... It's nice for the "go-fast" wheelies... you know... when the front slowly comes up all by itself just from the sheer torque this monster generates, but not for the 12 o'clockers... Everytime I get the wheel far up the darn crosswinds get to me and I cant keep it going straight for more then 2 gears...

Sure, we all agree that wheelies are fun. I would love to do wheelies at will, but unfortunately every time you do you're rolling the dice. To me it's not worth the risk. Wreck an $11,000 motorcycle plus mods and overhead, not to mention bodily injury, to go through the learning curve of learning the perfect wheelie just doesn't seem worth it. I have scars from dirt bike wheelies when I was younger but I don't think I'll take that chance on a Busa.

Best of luck to you wheelie freaks.

Why is this posted in this topic?

Riding Skills/Survival Techniques
How to stay alive, tips and tricks to be a better rider.

Key words here are STAY ALIVE and BETTER RIDER...

Now I know why I dont bother posting the safety topics anymore....

Back