wheelie

I know you said you have slip-ons, but I found a 4 into 1 helps (torque). 1st is a peaky/twitchy gear for power regarding wheelies & I found standard system wasn't helping. Wheeling with torque is alot more controlable.
Go to a quiet street somewhere (alone) practice > each day little at a time, it will come. Dont get angry with lack of progress & wheelie with your emotions, you'll hurt yourself. Stay calm, keep you head straight & be safe >>> good luck !! :beerchug:

My gen 2 will roll on in first and second, If you don't want the front wheel off the ground just slide forward, lean forward and watch the throttle control. I'm thinking a guy that is not familiar with wheelies should probably not learn on a 500 lb hayabusa.

Here is an easy way how you to it....Bring it up to 12k in first gear and slip the clutch she'll wheelie..fly..do a loop-loop...whatever you want :rofl::rofl:

weeeeeeeeeeee
DSCF0019-2.jpg
:moon:

Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!
AAAssjani.gif
!

I start easy on 1sr and when I reach like 20 mph at 2,000 rpm i acelerate semi hard to about 7,000 rpm, in 1st gear, nothing happens!!!
guns.gif

and I would really try to make power wheelies!!!
beerchug.gif

By the way I have Yoshi's R22 Bolt ons, Power Commnader, the bike has been dyno tuned, and I HAVE CHANGED THE REAR PROCKET TO 44T!!!

Tach it up to 4 to 6grand in first, let off gas, as rpms begin to fall, snap the gas. If it doesn't stand up, ur holdin ur mouth wrong.

My gen 2 will roll on in first and second, If you don't want the front wheel off the ground just slide forward, lean forward and watch the throttle control. I'm thinking a guy that is not familiar with wheelies should probably not learn on a 500 lb hayabusa.

yeah, ur probably right, but what the Heck.

thats what I thought....thanks wht_scorpion. I guess that would explain why I cant wheelie my stretched busa and why it just spins :laugh:

what about a stretched genII? Will it wheelie or just spin?

Actually it can still come up even stretched, depends how stretched and the rider..stretched it will still come up not as easy but ive seen them go 10 o clock quick if you pin it and grab a handfull

2002-suzuki-hayabusa-wheelie.jpg

8424-2002-Suzuki-Hayabusa.jpg

My 09 with 6" stretch can pull air between 30 and 50mph with a hard compound tire(Avon Storm) as long as you dont put too much power too it. Its a balance of power and traction. With a Michelin 2CT it will come up between 20 and 60 without as much concentration on not spinning.

When it was longer (8-9"); it wouldn't come up on the street, just spin.

Mine is lowered and stretched.

Lots of advise here. I usually don't try to wheelie, but I'm 6'6", 210 lbs, so my center of gravity is pretty high. She'll come up alright--trust me--but you gotta be careful 'cause she'll come down pretty hard. I find that my son's ZX-14 is easier!

Soft landings are controlled be the pilot:poke::laugh:

mine is lowered 2 inches front and rear , it easily comes up in first gear but not second(slips in second)

mine's lowered 3 inches in the rear, can't get more than a momentary wheelie. front wheel comes up an inch or two, rear wiggles, wheel comes right back down.

She's not fat she's just big boned:boxing:

Im hoping one day i'll have the confidence to bring her up. I dont have the confidence to clutch it, so a power wheelie would be the first.

Back