A Friend and fellow Busa Rider Down

WOW!!

Reading some of the comments form the other board seems like Ken was liked by almost everyone whoever met him.

If it is the same Ken as on the VTX board looks like he was a very giving person who did a lot for people.

Too bad I never got a chance to meet him

Last edited:
Road up to the long beach motorcycle show in Dec. with the big man. He was truly a big man 6'7'' and 300 pounds, at least. A daughter that is 16 if Lamb remembers correctly. Remember him telling us that his daughter was starting to grow real long legs and was starting to turn guys heads when they would be out shopping, etc. How it seemed as though he was always balling his hands into fists when he would see some leering.

58 and in good health. It was too young to go Ken. Lamb's condolences to those who were close with Ken.

Last edited:
WOW!!

Reading some of the comments form the other board seems like Ken was liked by almost everyone whoever met him.

If it is the same Ken as on the VTX board looks like he was a very giving person who did a lot for people.

Too bad I never got a chance to meet him

It was the same Ken, he grew that site to what it is today.

What a $%)(@* shame.

Which bike was he on, busa or that sharp looking Duc? Did the cager get cited?

Life, even under the best of circumstances is still, just too damn short!

April 07, 2009
Ducati motorcylist in fatal crash ID'd
A motorcyclist who was killed Monday night has been identified as Kenneth Charles Sully, 58, of Pacific Beach, the Medical Examiner's Office said.

He was riding his new Ducati bike on Pacific Highway in Harbor View about 9:35 p.m. when a driver turned in front of him. He was unable to stop and crashed into the 2006 Toyota Corolla, San Diego police said.

He leaves behind a wife and daughter.

Police Investigate Deadly Motorcycle Crash In Little Italy
Apr 07, 2009 9:54 AM PDT
Apr 07, 2009 9:54 AM PDT
Police are investigating a deadly motorcycle crash in Little Italy that happened Monday night on Pacific Coast Highway.
Police say a 58-year-old man riding a motorcycle had the right of way, when a car traveling in the opposite direction turned into his path. Witnesses tell police the motorcyclist swerved, but still hit the car.

The motorcyclist was wearing a helmet, but died at the scene. The 26-year-old driver of the car was not hurt.

No arrests have been made.

Here's the bike. "had the right of way"

Ken's Duc.jpg

How the heck do you not see that flaming red Ducati! If he could have dodged or avoided or braked, it would have been on that bike. What a shame. Thanks Lamb for posting additional info. My sincerest condolences to his family.

RIP Ken. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Godspeed!

This year is not off to a good start by no means!

Godspeed!

This year is not off to a good start by no means!

yeah.. i don't like to ride at nite and some might disagree with me on this but it seems like most accidents happens at nite because of visibilty.

WOW, I am in Shock.
Very Sad ,
My Condolences to His family and friends.
R.I.P Ken

I checked the Duc Registry. He just purchased the 1098 in March 2009, had 25 miles on it. Maybe he traded the Busa for the Duc. I e-mailed him in the past a few times, seemed really stoked for riding.

Back