Another fatality

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
As my biker family grows I guess it is inevitable that I will know someone who passes away. We have lost many friends on this board too.

On monday we lost a local rider,  Mr. Ken Sawyer  (900 Ducati)  He rode with us last saturday and all went well. Then Monday he and another local buddy went for a spin up one of our fav twisties, he passed a couple cars and apparently failed to make a right hander. I was quite surprised because this was an unsafe move in a kinda tight situation and Ken was 61 years of age and an experinced rider. He was chasing a younger very fast rider on a gixxer 1k  and that probly put him in over his head.

I didnt know Ken well, we had only met a couple times, he was rather quiet but friendly.

You never know when the last time you see your friends so appreciate every moment. And I say it every year or so it seems, lets have fun but be safe out there.

We are having a memorial ride for him on Saturday.

newspaper :  LINK

Ken is the older, bearded gentlemen

feb2008b_015b2.jpg

everyone should take this as a reminder, don't ride above your skill and be smart in your actions

RIP Ken, you will be missed I'm sure of it

prayers sent to him, his family, and friends. please ride your own pace, trying to keep up or catch up usually ends in disaster. Who cares if your the last one to the end of the road, if they are good friends they will wait on you. 99.9% of the sportbike accidents that i'v seen through the years was because someone was trying to "keep up"

Very sad indeed.... RIP

As already said it only takes once to get in over your head!
Please becareful when riding by yourself or in groups!

Back