fatal crash in my town

jch364

Registered
So a couple of days ago we had a fatal crash here in Dayton on Interstate 75. A motorcyclist was traveling south bound and for reasons not yet determined, collided with a large dump truck. The dump truck ran over the rider. The rider was dismembered several times by the time the dump truck got done. Then 2 other cars behind ran over some of the body parts. It was a pretty terrible scene. Still not sure who was at fault in the accident but I guess some people reported that they have seen this guy riding in the morning at this time, headed to work it would seem, and he pretty much rides like a super squid. He was on a yamaha fz8. Prayers go out to the family of course but as horrific as this was, and it was. I was struck by something else that really got to me. There were people driving by that were taking pictures and posting it on Facebook. Is this how far we have fallen as a society? To me thats the worst thing ever. Its bad enough that someone lost their life like this and bad enough that the drivers of the other vehicles that ran him over are going to have a really hard time dealing with this emotionally but for some sugar to take a pic and post it on facebook is just the lowest of the low. What a P.O.S.. In my opinion. Anyway please ride safe everyone. Far too many riders die every year.

This is what carrying a camera ph around with you everywhere means to some of the idiots nowadays , use the camera first , not even think about emergency call . If you told me when I was young that telephones would be carried around by nearly everyone etc. etc. , man , I would of laughed my tits off !! I used to leave home to escape ph calls .

Ya man......people get caught up in their world of technology and forget about the wholeness of life as social animals. I swear it becomes a habit people don't even know they're in. People are distanced from their sense of morality. Right and wrong exist in a much smaller world but there's a real life that needs to be gotten back to.

This whole cell phone/social media addiction is beyond belief for older people like myself, I go into the lunch room at work and everyone and I mean EVERYONE has their noses buried in their phones, the chances of having a live conversation are nil, even discouraged with the short answers given if I even dare to try to make conversation. And it's not just my workplace, it's everywhere!
You see girls walking along and they are so immersed in their social media on their device that they don't even realize I'm wolf-whistling at them lol.
Anyway, that's our world we live in now, if I had my way I'd shut down every social media website and have only the old 'dumb' phones, the type you can only make a call on . . . NO texting either.
Awful to hear about that crash, very sad for the survivors.

1627968657027.jpeg

Fatal crash @ the driveway into my neighborhood. A Harley rider hit the left rear of a Prius turning out from the street leading into my complex. Took a pic of the bike but not the covered body just a few feet away. How long do they let the body lay there? It’s been about two hours so far. View attachment 1643826View attachment 1643827View attachment 1643828
We had a guy get ran over by a semi by our shop and the body was their for 6 hours till they got out the drone and pictured everything, I couldn't believe it actually.

I don’t get it either. Even if it was elevated to a crime scene vs an accident, I see no reason for leaving the body on the ground that long. I could see quite a bit of blood over the head area of the cover over him too. The rider almost missed the car. Hit the rear wheel and catapulted over and around. The bike flipped and landed on its rear fender. Gonna catch the local news later to see if it’s covered.

fb will know you have been in a collision before 911 does…smh. that HD hit that prius pretty hard. what’s the speed limit in that area? the decrease will sometimes stay put until someone from the office of medical examiner or a contracted funeral home can pick up the body. after hours, weekends, low staff, all will affect response time. if they are organ donors they might go to hospital right away. i advise people not to get close even if the decrease is covered. the smell of “blank” is distinct and it’s something you probably won’t ever forget. smell can create powerful memories, like morning coffee or breakfast pancakes as a child, you never forget that smell.

:confused: By the pics, he’s hit that car pretty hard, look at the car’s rear wheel angle that is tilted inward…. That’s bent the suspension arms to do that, hard hit at speed.
the rear guard has flattened off on top, that bike was sliding upside down too, feelin bad thinking about it :confused:
Hi. Most people are driving way to fast. I was on rt 18 in New Bedford it is 3 lanes it connects the south end of the city through the center to the north end of the city, speed limit is 50 MPH. I am on my 900 I was not even keeping up with the cars. Looked at speedo 80 MPH. It is easy going way to fast on a bike and not even knowing that you are doing it.

So a couple of days ago we had a fatal crash here in Dayton on Interstate 75. A motorcyclist was traveling south bound and for reasons not yet determined, collided with a large dump truck. The dump truck ran over the rider. The rider was dismembered several times by the time the dump truck got done. Then 2 other cars behind ran over some of the body parts. It was a pretty terrible scene. Still not sure who was at fault in the accident but I guess some people reported that they have seen this guy riding in the morning at this time, headed to work it would seem, and he pretty much rides like a super squid. He was on a yamaha fz8. Prayers go out to the family of course but as horrific as this was, and it was. I was struck by something else that really got to me. There were people driving by that were taking pictures and posting it on Facebook. Is this how far we have fallen as a society? To me thats the worst thing ever. Its bad enough that someone lost their life like this and bad enough that the drivers of the other vehicles that ran him over are going to have a really hard time dealing with this emotionally but for some sugar to take a pic and post it on facebook is just the lowest of the low. What a P.O.S.. In my opinion. Anyway please ride safe everyone. Far too many riders die every year.

First of all my condolences to the family/friends of the rider. So sad.

I agree with most of your statements - However it sounds like you think the cars that ran over body parts did it on purpose. I doubt that anyone (except some sick SOB) would intentionally run over body parts and it's more likely (IMO) that at speed they couldn't avoid them and possibly didn't realize what it was they were running over. How often do you see body parts on a highway? I wasn't there but I have a hard time believing that it was being done on purpose.

Yes, taking pictures and POSTING them is in poor taste at the least.
However taking pictures and NOT posting them but giving them to the police may give them an idea of what really happened at the accident right after it happened before anything got moved or blown away etc. Again this is just my opinion.

Back