what is it going to cost you to get there...?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I am towing the bike down on GIXERHP's 6x10 Landscape trailer because it is smaller and weighs alot less than mine. I Love my F150 4x4 with it's 325's etc but the gas has been killing me so she has been sitting in the driveway alot more recently. It gets like 13 MPG without towing and more like 8.5-9 MPG when towing.

I recently bought an 06' Chevy Uplander van and will be towing down wth that. It got new 4 new rotors and complete brakes last month, I put 4 new tires on it this week, a pair of rear shocks and a set of Timbrens to help with the trailer load. I drove it up to NH to Johns to pick up my bike and his trailer. On the way up on the 60 mile trip it go 24 MPG, on the way home towing the trailer with the bike on it I got 15.5 MPG. My drive to the GAP is about 1200 miles each way so that should be about 80-90 gallons each way at $3.50 a gallon that makes it $300 each way plus tolls...

If the weather is nice 2.5 gal in the Busa...if not, 5 gal in the van.
laugh.gif

r8

100 miles on the Busa at 3.30 a gallon, roughly 40 miles to the gallon! I would say about $8.25 one way!!!
firedevil.gif

well by the time I go north to get Mr. bogus (about 130mi.) then to bash (about 525mi.) 650 mi. ish. I'll get about 10 mpg. so I guess that's about $230.00 ea. way.

Iam thinking about 270 each way 900 miles from here. Dont know what the Tundra will get pulling the trailer

well by the time I go north to get Mr. bogus (about 130mi.) then to bash (about 525mi.) 650 mi. ish. I'll get about 10 mpg. so I guess that's about $230.00 ea. way.
10mpg? and I thought my stuff did lousy... I bet Karen wont let me put a hitch on the new 335XI.. dang, that would have been fun..

10mpg?   and I thought my stuff did lousy...   I bet Karen wont let me put a hitch on the new 335XI.. dang, that would have been fun..
laugh.gif
no and I don't blame her. That thing is too pretty to have a trailer behind it.
tounge.gif

If the weather is good, 615 miles on the Busa ~$50 each direction. If the weather sux and I need to trailer it out, that goes up to ~$165 each direction.

I have never towed my trailer with the Titan. But, 950 miles divided by 14 miles per gallon(mileage on the Titan) is 68 gallons times average gas price per gallon of 3.25 is a total of 221.00 dollars one way. So, thats 442.00 dollars for round trip on gas only. Add tolls and eats, not sure. Getting to the bash and seeing old friends and making new ones.............PRICELESS!

If the weather is nice 2.5 gal in the Busa...if not, 5 gal in the van.
3 gal. for me, rain or shine.  
biggrin.gif
 no matter, I will have a big smile all the way there.   cant wait.  
beerchug.gif
There is room in my trailer if it rains, but I'm not going to the Phillips until Friday.
Thanks Don, but I am going to ride, rain or shine.
smile.gif
Be there Thursday by lunch.

I have never towed my trailer with the Titan. But, 950 miles divided by 14 miles per gallon(mileage on the Titan) is 68 gallons times average gas price per gallon of 3.25 is a total of 221.00 dollars one way. So, thats 442.00 dollars for round trip on gas only. Add tolls and eats, not sure. Getting to the bash and seeing old friends and making new ones.............PRICELESS!
James when are you heading out? We are leaving OKC on Wed morning EARLY!

clap.gif

I'm with you brother. I have an 8.1L in a 2500hd crew cab 8ft bed. I'm thinking about skipping the trailer this year.

Back