ZX14

whats with all this speculation ? for all we know this thing wont even be able to break 190 mph . let the thing come out and lets see what it does .

whats with all this speculation ? for all we know this thing wont even be able to break 190 mph . let the thing come out and lets see what it does .
Yup!! It's still limited to 186 like all other bikes. It prolly just gets there faster than the Busa. But who gives a flying #$%@

The ZX14 may be faster, might have more power but it's flat out UGLY.
No mods can cure that short of a plastic swap.

And i can always make my Busa faster.
I must agree. Why do all the manufacturers keep churning out bikes that look like crap... none of the character of earlier bikes, and nowhere close to the good looks of a Busa.

Mind you, I am a little bias.

As stated B4 I want my Busa I don't want anything else I don't give a rats azz if its faster meaner or what, Ever since I saw the Busa its the only bike I've ever wanted, don't care what anyone says about it, don't care if someone outruns it BUT THEY BETTER NO PHUCK WITH IT, I didn't buy the bike for hype I bought it for ME If everyone is worried that the 14 will outrun it, they prolly bought it for hype which I say POSER my .02 cents [/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this guy; PHUCK the kwaks and yaks (kawi's and yami's) I want my d@mn Busa!! I like it cuz it's sweet looking, smooth sailing (yes! I have FINALLY gotten the chance to test ride one ... whomever said don't whack the throttle was right!!) and comfortable as all hell.

MY BEST FRIEND WHO IS A ZX12 OWNER SINCE INCEPTION TOLDME HE DIDN'T CARE HOW FAST THAT CROSS BETWEEN A KATANA AND RF900 WAS, HE WOULD NEVER OWN ONE.

HAYAVEGAS, SINCE YOUR SO SURE THE ZX14 OUT OF THE BOX WILL BEAT A BUSA. LAY YOUR MONEY DOWN ON ONE AND I'LL RUN YA FOR PINKS, AGAINST MY OUTDATED '02 BUSA STOCK MOTOR.:O

As most of you know, I'm a Kawi guy. Have been since the late 60's...

And I too have heard rumors of some of the specs -- larger airbox, 44mm throttle bodies, a head from the factory that looks like it's already been ported, big valves, 12.something:1 compression, big injectors, low-drag engineering throughout - all with twin counterbalancers so that it's as smooth as the old Blackbird.

But that 'ol girl's ugly...
crazy.gif

So I've decided to reserve final judgement until I ride one...
eek2.gif

The love for my 2k just went up tenfold. On most days, the most common reaction I get from cagers at a red light is "WOW". Kawasaki can only dream that in 5 years, the 14 will receive that respect in design and performance.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>Hail to the KING

..so  uhmm..  does  anyone have any .."stat's" . on this  .. "busa " beater  of a Cow  ??
rock.gif
rock.gif
Officially, no. Of course not.

AFAIK the bikes in the pics that are making the rounds are pre-production units assembled for the shows. What's released may be a bit different - we don't know.

It'll be interesting to see though...

rock.gif

Okay everyone, I know the word is out about the new ZX14.  What are your thoughts and what type of future does the busa hold?

http://www.zx14ninja.com/
Kawasaki's turned the 12 into a sport-tourer. That could be good or bad depending how you look at it. I like big fast comfy sport tourers.....and I was a Kawi man before the Busa......buuuuut....that bike is ugly
wow.gif
, plain and simple. My 04 LE Busa is soooo damn much nicer looking than the 14 that even if it is faster I wouldn't buy one. The 12 looked wayyyy better I think....

I also think that when the new Busa comes out the 7 year reign will start over again    
wink.gif

PS I did some online research and most forums including the Kawasaki ones aren't liking the 14 much. Granted, the Busa wasn't to well liked at first either visually....but the 14 has too much funk for most folks to get past I think. I'm afraid Kawi dropped the ball on this one....
wow.gif
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127598450 -->

wow.gif

Back