ZX14

Who Cares... I am hoping that the 14 is hella faster and better than the Busa so finally we can ride in peace enjoying one of the best bikes ever made without a bunch of ass clown posers and hype screwing up the image of the bike...
wink.gif

Seriously, I hope the 14 finally ends the Busa's reign at the top

Who Cares... I am hoping that the 14 is hella faster and better than the Busa so finally we can ride in peace enjoying one of the best bikes ever made without a bunch of ass clown posers and hype screwing up the image of the bike...
wink.gif

Seriously, I hope the 14 finally ends the Busa's reign at the top
I agree with silver. It really kills me to own the "fastest production bike in the world." BUT....you all know that all the on-lookers and bystanders at the gas stations will still be all googly-eyed over our busas.

Okay everyone, I know the word is out about the new ZX14.  What are your thoughts and what type of future does the busa hold?

http://www.zx14ninja.com/
The Busa is and has been at "Icon Status" for going nigh on 7 years now...the 53 extra cc's of displacement that the ZR14 boasts is going to have a long way to go before proving itself against such and iconistic Hyper ST the likes of the Mighty Busa...and the aftermarket for the ZR14 will have even further to go....much further.

The ZR14 may steal some attention away from the Busa by over-zealous rag editors kissing corporate @$$ with promises of solid forward looking reviews and optomistic first ride assessments and commentary in return for freebee ZR14 test specimens but the bottom line I see here it that the Mighty Busa has already set the standard against which the new ZR14.....

"WILL BE JUDGED"

But after all the rag editors exhaust their latest stockpile of explicatives ranting and raving on and on about the never before experienced power levels of this wonderous new offering?....the wouldbe Hyper ST purchaser will still be left with the decision of "ZR14 VS HAYABUSA" at the dealership floors...and while one has already proven itself as king of the road by achieving an "ICON STATUS" and has established a tremedous following and plethora of aftermarket support?....the other hasn't.....which will instill an air of skepticism and anxioty in the form of a risk taking buyer beware mindset....as in...laying down their hard earned on what potentially is a buggy first year model with zero aftermarket support or following...causing many potentials to take pause before signing for a ZR14 whilst a "KNOWN" living legend sits parked on the showroom floor but a few feet away.....chilling decision there...and one I'm happy to announce I'll never hafta make. LOL!!!

Therefore?...I believe "My Busa" has an extremely solid and bright future. LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Okay everyone, I know the word is out about the new ZX14.  What are your thoughts and what type of future does the busa hold?

http://www.zx14ninja.com/
The Busa is and has been at "Icon Status" for going nigh on 7 years now...the 53 extra cc's of displacement that the ZR14 boasts is going to have a long way to go before proving itself against such and iconistic Hyper ST the likes of the Mighty Busa...and the aftermarket for the ZR14 will have even further to go....much further.

The ZR14 may steal some attention away from the Busa by over-zealous rag editors kissing corporate @$$ with promises of solid forward looking reviews and optomistic first ride assessments and commentary in return for freebee ZR14 test specimens but the bottom line I see here it that the Mighty Busa has already set the standard against which the new ZR14.....

"WILL BE JUDGED"

But after all the rag editors exhaust their latest stockpile of explicatives ranting and raving on and on about the never before experienced power levels of this wonderous new offering?....the wouldbe Hyper ST purchaser will still be left with the decision of "ZR14 VS HAYABUSA" at the dealership floors...and while one has already proven itself as king of the road by achieving an "ICON STATUS" and has established a tremedous following and plethora of aftermarket support?....the other hasn't.....which will instill an air of skepticism and anxioty in the form of a risk taking buyer beware mindset....as in...laying down their hard earned on what potentially is a buggy first year model with zero aftermarket support or following...causing many potentials to take pause before signing for a ZR14 whilst a "KNOWN" living legend sits parked on the showroom floor but a few feet away.....chilling decision there...and one I'm happy to announce I'll never hafta make. LOL!!!

Therefore?...I believe "My Busa" has an extremely solid and bright future. LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Well stated.
The KWAK is ugly and has a 180 speedo with a couple of marks past it. analouge speedo and tach with a digital info center above them that looks like a palm pilot.

Well I am one that I can see a new car or bike and won't like it at first, but when I keep seeing it I probably will like it. If the Zx-14 gets the title of the meanest mother out there like the busa is I will most likely get me one but I will wait at least 2 years and hope the busa makes a come back as I know it will. Time will tell.

I am not brand loyal...if the ZX14 has something major on the Busa and I wanted it..id get it.

I am not brand loyal...if the ZX14 has something major on the Busa and I wanted it..id get it.
BV....I'm not "brand loyal" either but I am a thinking man...and before I'd take a $4K-$5K hit exchanging my slightly used Busa for a potentially buggy 1st year model ZX14?...I'd take that same $4K and ship my busa's engine off to a performance shop for all the bells and whistles..big bore kit...cams...head/valve job...forged crank and pistons...whatever I wanted and or..."The Works"....and then I'd snipe ZX14's. LOL!!!

But the bottom line is this...alls kaw has done is they have taken their base ZX12 engine and added an oem big bore kit...and the ZX14's displacement is only 1352cc's vs the stock busa's 1299cc's...and trust me....and imho that 53 extra cc's isn't going to cause the ZX14 to jump up and run away from the busa....negligable...and I'm waiting with comical anticipation to read all the incredible accolades the rag editors are about to smear all over the pages of the cycle mags...but we shall see....and if it does oust the busa?...maybe then I'll finally break down and spring for a PC and full system exhaust. LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

The zx12r has only had 1198cc...and it has been just as fast as the busa.

The zx14 will walk the busa like you have never imagined. The busa is toast. Start accepting that. Stock for Stock, Mod for Mod, it doesnt matter. The zx14 isnt adding 53cc its adding 153cc over its current top bike. The 14 is in another league performance wise.

44mm throttle bodies, 83 bore 61 stroke in a compression ratio of 12.7-1. That is a high state of tune, right? Wouldnt that mean that a couple of minor mods would yeild Higher HP than a lower compression engine?

If a zx12r with 1198 is capable of running the same 1/4 mile and top speed as the busa yet make 10 more hp STOCK...what do you think another 150cc on a zx14 is going to do?

The 14 is going to have nearly 195 -200hp stock. The busa in its current form is going to get its ass handed to it. Go ahead and mod your busa, what does that prove?

You can spend a total of $16,000 on a busa to get it to perform like a stock zx14 for $11500? Thats ridiculous.

STOCK bikes, fastest production model.. Thats the crown. MODDED Bikes dont mean ####. You can make ANY vehicle do just about ANYTHING.

The only hope for hayabusa is whatever Suzuki does to improve it, cause the current bike is a couple months from losing its "status".

Better look out.

<!--EDIT|HayaVegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127278133 -->

you all keep missing one point. The busa was designed in a wind tunnel

You can have a bike putting out more raw torque to the ground, but when you start getting into the higher speeds (170+) Aerodynamics starts playing a huge role.

I don’t think the ZX14 is going to walk the Busa as some are saying.

It might hang with it pretty good, but I still think in the end the better rider between the two bikes will have the advantage.

And I agree with who posted earlier about dumping 4k into the Busa. Put a big bore kit in it, lighten it up and that will be all she wrote. A Busa with the Aerodynamics combined with a big bore kit and a good tuner. AND dump weight were you can (I.E. get rid of the pipes like I did or one. I think that lost close to 20 pounds)

And what about a big bore kit with a turbo?

You can put enough power into the Busa and the aerodynamics will be there to carry you through the top ends.

If you do the same to the Kawi's or other brands you are still going to have a slip stream problems at high speeds.

I wont count out a ZX14 totally, but I would need to see them on the street for about 2 years before making any decision that it is a Busa killer.

Hey look, you make a good point there thrasherfox, with the aerodynamics combined with significant performance mods.

The busa has the aero's no doubt.

But the zx12 even reached the same top speed for intents and purposes. However it required the extra 10hp to do so, -BUT it also did it with a 100cc less engine.

So I assume that since Kawasaki engineers say that the zx14 is their most aerodynamic bike yet, -that coupled with the extra powerplant, -I think it would do better than the zx12r.

Now the zx14 has better aeros than the 12, 153cc MORE than the 12 and I cant imagine how it wont be all the busa was.

But, the point you make about investing in a busa aero shape is a good one. I just think the 14 is so far ahead for stock money, that you could do the same to IT...and it will still beat the busa.

But we will see in the future... Still need to see what suzi has in store for this year. The silence is deafening

How many changes have ther been to the Hayabusa since it conception in 1999 ... Not Many . Kawi did all types of changes to the ZX-12 to make it competitive to the Hayabusa. I think Suzuki is just sitting back and waiting for the competitors to make the first move and then and only then, are they gonna bring the pain . I think they are ready to raise the bar to a level that nobody ever expected. There have been rumors and rumors of rumors , but the truth is gonna blow the cycle industry away.
Thats just how I would play my hand
cool.gif

The zx12r has only had 1198cc...and it has been just as fast as the busa.

The zx14 will walk the busa like you have never imagined.  The busa is toast.  Start accepting that.  Stock for Stock, Mod for Mod, it doesnt matter.  The zx14 isnt adding 53cc its adding 153cc over its current top bike.  The 14 is in another league performance wise.  

44mm throttle bodies, 83 bore 61 stroke in a compression ratio of 12.7-1.  That is a high state of tune, right?  Wouldnt that mean that a couple of minor mods would yeild Higher HP than a lower compression engine?

If a zx12r with 1198 is capable of running the same 1/4 mile and top speed as the busa yet make 10 more hp STOCK...what do you think another 150cc on a zx14 is going to do?

The 14 is going to have nearly 195 -200hp stock.  The busa in its current form is going to get its ass handed to it.  Go ahead and mod your busa, what does that prove?

You can spend a total of $16,000 on a busa to get it to perform like a stock zx14 for $11500?  Thats ridiculous.

STOCK bikes, fastest production model.. Thats the crown.  MODDED Bikes dont mean ####.  You can make ANY vehicle do just about ANYTHING.

The only hope for hayabusa is whatever Suzuki does to improve it, cause the current bike is a couple months from losing its "status".

Better look out.
Hmmm....I'd like to know where you got these specs from as 12.7:1 comp. ratio and 200hp stock (rear wheel or crank) are some pretty serious numbers...but one thing is almost certain..the goal for kaw here is to best the busa...and they fell just a tad short on their first attempt with the ZX12R but mostly due to the imposed speed cap of 300kph/186mph....which left the busa with both the 1st world speed king title and more low and mid-range torque.....but I agree there's little doubt that stock for stock?..kaws 2nd attempt to best the busa with the ZX14 will be successful...but to what degree remains to be seen...and I seriously doubt it's goona be anywheres near...

"The zx14 will walk the busa like you have never imagined."

or that...

"The 14 is in another league performance wise."

Will it be a tad quicker out of the box?...yep....that's pretty much a given since kaws mission was to best the busa...but at 12.7:1 comp ratio on a warranteed engine of that mass and displacement?...I'm left wondering if it won't grenade itself in short order doing so....or?...wind up being a very buggy first year model.

Also...I'm not looking at the $16K to buy a new busa and then mod it up to snuff with the ZX14...I'm talking about the boat we all find ourselves in where we already own busa's....and you can big bore kit a busa with a HP head job for far less than the $4K we'd lose by trading up....or down...depending on how the new ZX14 does perform and...hold up.

And as far as "accepting it" and/or "getting over it" goes?...I'm already there...and it doesn't bother me a bit as...I've already got all the power I need and then some for 99.999% of the riding I do...and no matter what the industries come out with displacement or performance wise?...The Mighty Hayabusa has already made it's mark in the history books...listed under..."RESPECT".
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back