zx10r

I always consider the source of the information.  

Just 8 years ago some people thought the ZX11, Black Bird, and 900RR were tuned from the factory at the edge of there lives.  It turned out not to be true.  When the Hayabusa was introduced some people thought it was tuned from the factory at the edge of its life.  Thats not true.  The current liter bikes are not tuned to the edge of the lives.  However, they may be tuned from the factory beyond the capabilities of the average sportbike rider.

So, now this tread has gone from the Hayabusa vs ZX10 question to the liter bikes technology is too aggressive for longevity.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Its amazing the passion people have for this motorcycle.  If only we put forth that same passion in obtaining peace on earth.

I'm out

Zeke
The people that thought the 11, XX and Rr were highly tuned weren't tuners. The current generation of literbikes are so aggressively tuned from the factory that just about the only way to get significantly more power is to do major engine work. You gotta work a lot harder to get more power out of them than you do a Busa. Even the 12 makes more power harder to get. That's what I meant by being tuned within an inch of their lives. I didn't say that literbikes aren't capable of longevity, of course they are. The bottom line is that the Busa is no longer the clear leader in the way it was when it first came on the scene. It now is more a question of rider, if you can't ride as well as the guy next to you on the (Gixxer 1K, CBR1000 RR, R-1, ZX-10, ZX-12), you'll prolly lose.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I beleive the average knowledge of motorcycle people thats not into the motor building / design aspect of it does not realise how tame the Hayabusa is tuned from the factory .

With cam lobe parameters and intake and exhaust phasing set with midrange in mind, yet a cylinder head and exhaust system designed well enough to allow these bikes to pull well up top but using moderate compression that allows use of 87 octane .The ZX-12R has more cam in them than Stage 1 Yoshimura's comparativley speaking , more compression but look what happens in the real world .

Everyone guns for beating a Busa . Say's alot if you ask me .

I think Suzuki might have done better by building the Busa with a nice 4-2-1 titanium exhaust just ready for a slip-on , set the compression at 11.5-1 and the equivalent of the Yosh stage 1's or a little hotter cams but still using a nice long life base circle for reliabilty w/o the need for heavy springs but would the world have been ready for it ?

Thats why I always thought Suzuki should build a true Limited Edition . One with a reworked motor ....and Brembo's
biggrin.gif
 If they are king now , just think about the lore one of the above would bring about !

A stock Busa or one with a pipe and fuel map lays the power down right . While other bikes have the wheel in the air short shifting the Busa is moving from 1st through 6th with that ever so sweet second power hit once you shift into 5th and the timing is pulled .

These bikes have become legendary and from mild to wild they are as good as it gets for what they were designed for . Just try a longer two-up trip on a liter bike or 12R .

IMO of course but those that don't agree probably don't own a Busa , never rode a Busa and probably don't belong here for the most part
biggrin.gif
Well, HIM and Mountainmotor just for your info I own a Busa, ZX12R and have owned a ZX10R which I recently sold.

In my post there was no degrading of the Hayabusa.  However lets face it, it's long in the tooth.  Also, the fact is the ZX10R and the 2005 Zuk 1000 currently are the two fasted production sportbikes.

The length, torque is what makes the Busa a good open class sportbike.  But most of the info you shared is nothing more than good baseline data.  And you continue to over look the simple line, which is weight and horsepower.  We're talking close to 80 to 90lbs wet difference.  The reality is currently the kaw and suzuki liter bikes are faster off the showroon floor.

Also, please don't tell me about riding with a friend of a friend that owns a ZX10R or riding down a highway and happen to run up on a ZX10R and blowing them away.  Just because I own a Hayabusa does not mean that I chose to disreguard other bikes or manufactures and/or people that chose to own them.  I am bigger then that.

If you think your stock Hayabusa is all that, then go to your local bike night event or drag strip and challenge a ZX10R or a 2005 Suzuki 1000 with a rider of equal skills.  If you want to save some money call and check with a friend or family member that truely follows drag racing and get your answer.
Matter of fact, some dealerships may have a salesman that's really into drag racing.  Check with him.

Just two weeks ago the new Suzuki 1000's were going 9.30's to 9. teens in the SS class at prostar.  This was with stock motor and at least 3 inched off the ground.  There isn't a stock Hayabusa to date to go 9.20's or 9.teens in the SS class.

I am speaking facts not theories.

Zeke

p.s. Please let us know what you find out.
I just read this thread so I must comment on some things. First do not try to talk about things that you know absolutely nothing about. In this post you said and I quote "There isn't a stock Hayabusa to date to go 9.20's or 9.teens in the SS class" well their is a simple reason for that and here it is, the class is called 1000 SS so its only open to 1000's so I guess thats the reason you have not seen any busas in that class. Also if you think that the 1000SS bikes are stock other than pipes, PC's, 3 in. clearance, and gearing than you have alot to learn about drag racing in general. Those bikes have every trick in the book on them to make them run 9.20's most of which we will never know about, they are "stock motored" yes but that just means that they can't use aftermarket parts like pistons and cams. They tune those bikes for hours on the dyno degreeing cams, doing valve work, custom mapping, ceramic bearings, 0 weight oil, ect. There has also been 1 busa that I know of that had the same tricks done as the SS bikes just to see what it would run on "stock motor" the owners name is Mike Slowe and it is his personal street bike and he went 9.teens on it.

biggrin.gif

Whoa--what a tread----anyway the ZX10 drag vid was very cool---That guy could ride. Sweet launch every time--awsome low ET and speed. If our Busa was modded the same ,lowerd etc, re-geared.
Hmmm what would happen--Cache would know... Dayam they are all quick and all they need is a rider of great skill.

Howl'in you know a Busa is not a track bike--never intended to be--you tried it on the racetrack-- still a fun ride but the weight is a handicap--and always will be. RE: Roadracing the Busa.
Ps i am going to a trackday this Monday. 15 bikes maybe, 2.3 mile track--sometimes only 3 bikes ontrack at the same time--cannot get any safer than that--OOOO i wanna do some Doohan Darkies.
Hope to post some pic's later. Givi mini saddlebags on too HeHe.

you guys read too many bull$hit magazines.zx10r is not the fastest maybe quicker if you can keep the front down but i highly doubt it. a busa wont pull on a zx10 or vise vera. they are pretty much even in a stock drag race.its who is a better racer. in top speed you wont touch a busa passed 165 -170mph. a busa will pull on you at those speeds.i know i have both.i had to extend the zx10r because it would always come up. the busa is heavyer but thats not a bad thing when launching.

I hate to busts you all's bubble. But the ZX10 is a faster bike then the Hayabusa off the showroom floor. So is the new Suk 1000. Just do the math. Compareable horsepower and almost 80 to 90lbs less weight.

If you went around a ZX10 or 2005 Suk 1000 the guy was not in it and was afraid to tell you. Oh yea, I own a 2004 Hayabusa. I just sharing the facts with you.

Zeke
how about torque, it's very important in terms of acceleration

The busa is designed to be the fastest stock mass produced motorcycle in the world. Nothing to this day will touch it. It's all about the top speed...you try driving the liter bikes at 280+ km/h for any length of time and you'll know why they don't even compare with the busa.
I DID, THATS ALL I USE TO DO IS DRIVE A BIKE AS FAST AS IT CAN GO.I LOVE TOP SPEED BUT I DO LIKE TO LIGHT UP A BUSA AT A TRAFFIC LIKE TOO.I GET THE SAME HIGH.
jump9.gif

What does any of this nonsense matter? The point is that literbikes have advanced to the point that they CAN beat a Busa in most anything but all out top speed. The ZX-12 has been able to do this for many years, who cares if the literbikes have caught up too? The only thing that matters is who wins when YOU race. On the way home from the dragstrip yesterday my buddy LEFT my a$$ on an 03 R1. Why? Because he dropped two gears and nailed it and I rolled on. Also, dumb-a$$ me forgot to air up my rear tire after leaving the track, so it got real interesting around 180 (indicated), started wobbling and shaking etc. so I backed out. Does this mean he can now tell everyone that his R-1 can destroy busa's in top end? prolly not, but he did beat me, in that race, at that time. Any bike can be beat guys, any bike.
AGREE 110% WITH YOU.
beerchug.gif

Dealer 1 was moving on his 10R. No one is even close to that in North Florida...

Zeke - the 1000SS bikes have more done to the inside than you must realize...

PS - my buddy has never gone quicker than 139mph on his stock ZX10 and went 143 many times on his stock Busa...

Dealer 1 was moving on his 10R.  No one is even close to that in North Florida...

Zeke - the 1000SS bikes have more done to the inside than you must realize...

PS - my buddy has never gone quicker than 139mph on his stock ZX10 and went 143 many times on his stock Busa...
that dont mean he's quicker.its who gets there first.mph dont count unless you win
idea.gif
i have seen alot of people have faster mph at the track and lose.

Here are the numbers from a bunch of magazines, yeah they are older but its all i could find.

http://www.qsl.net/n5mya/testdata.html
Well this is what I think. I dont know too much about the zx 10's numbers or the busas, but you guys are comparing a 1300 cc bike to a 1000cc bike. That shows how good that 1000 cc bike is. So dont hate, congratulate.

<!--EDIT|dragon1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122857085 -->

I thought torque was measured and horsepower was calculated from torque. By definition, horsepower and torque curves cross at 5252 rpm due to the formula
HP=(Torque x RPM)/5252. So if a litrebike (or any engine) makes more torque at higher rpm it will have more horsepower (which is what gives mph in drag racing).

Seems to me that if a bike like the busa can get a holeshot due to superior chassis or power production, then catchup is the name of the game. The busa has good aeros and makes good power (even better in 5th gear) as it goes faster which seems to count in the real world.

Your results may vary.

But, If you think 6 year old technology still rules today.  You are wrong.  That is why they are coming out with the new Hayabusa in 2006, a new ZX12R in 2006, and Honda is coming out with a new Black Bird in 2006.
[/QUOTE]
I love reading old post and seeing how little some guys think they know.

I have to agree I can't beat a new GSXR or ZX10 Might be cause of all the extra weight from all my chrome ( easier to say what's not chrome than what is ) or the weight of my 285 lb ass I've raced from 40, 60, 100 and there rpms don't give out before mine does.

I have to shift way early around 9900, 10200 they run there's up to 13-14 and after doing that for 3-4 gears I find myself looking at there taillights.

Back