zx10r

racer53

Registered
i went riding with about 30 bikes today and everybody wanted the liter bikes and busas to race so when we got to a straight section of rode the zx10r was up front with me on my 04 busa behind him and a busa, 750 mg agusta and gixxer 1000 behind me . we were rolling about 100 mph when the 10r took off. i was in second gear and he jumped all of us pretty good once i got some rpm up i started reeling him in , then he started pulling me in forth gear[ i hit the rev limiter] i shifted and closed the gap, shifted into sixth gear and went around him, i kept on going and they all backed off. of everything i have read and heard about the 10r i really felt i woudnt be able to do what i did. i was surprised and relieved. down the road a couple of miles and we were side by side and we both took off at the same time, this time at about sixty and he didnt have anything for me. i look forward to doing this with a few other 10r to see if i get the same results.

simalar results with me. he got me when I wasn't expecting it and I just went by him. Also I have yet to see one go faster than a 10.40 at the track.

Yep that what appears to be hype...
evil.gif

So have any of you Samurai's killed one of these Liter bikes in the twisties or on a track? Just curious if there track performance is hype too....

Having raced 10 second drag cars for years I can tell you there's more to going fast than just horsepower. It's getting it hooked into the pavement. If you can't hook up then you might as well be riding a Harley. Top end is also a function of displacement and torque. To me, this is where the Busa really shines. It's a much more stable platform due to it's longer wheel base, better streamlining, more torque and displacement.

Fellow busa owners be very carfull when you race the zx10 at the track. Last month saw a zx10 at the PMRA race in Oklahoma run 9.62@146. The bike was in stock trim no pipe. It was dropped about 3in in the rear and had a strap. I would suspect he added 25-35lbs to the front but who knows. I was impressed. But in Kawi fashion the clutch gave up early in the afternoon.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH racer53.

We have a couple 10s in our group - they are NOT that impressive at all

Have to admit - There is a few 04 R1s that we ride with - Those things are just plain FAST - REAL FAST

But - DEFINITELY belive that the 10 is WAY over-rated

My friend had both 04 R1 and ZX10, R1 dynoed @160 about 2-3 more than the 10, both stock, and was a little faster, even switching riders. He said it handled A LOT better and more stable too.
Just got my busa, too nice for me to risk racing it. For now...
I hope when they really re do it they leave it a 1300 and coax 185rwp from it and drop 60 lbs. We will see if the new honda is as bad as it should be. Honda has not been trying if you ask me (1000rr still fat and weak vs R1)

I was wondering that also about the 1krr honda. I have a guy local (pgh pa) on another forum with one and he thinks it is the fastest thing ever made. We are supposed to meet up and test that theory. I also have another buddie with a zx 10  I'm trying to get him to come too. Is there any local busa brothers that want to join in to hand this yung pup his ass. Top end & 1/4  I'm even willing to go with the twisties too.

<!--EDIT|1badasbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116340980 -->

One of the guys I ride with has a honda 1000rr. I've raced him like 5 times and beat him every time, 2nd gear rolls by about 3 bikes he starts to catch up a little around 160, and from lights beat him real bad. Only thing, If he knows how to ride, no way ur gonna keep up in the turns.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH racer53.

We have a couple 10s in our group - they are NOT that impressive at all

Have to admit - There is a few 04 R1s that we ride with - Those things are just plain FAST - REAL FAST

But - DEFINITELY belive that the 10 is WAY over-rated
This coming from Rob... aka SKII

I doubt too many bikes impress you, realitive to your beast.
wink.gif

I posted this on the other Zx10r thread.  Of course I can't verify that the mods listed are the only ones done, but still looks pretty hot running 9.3-9.4. Obviously this isn't the average bike rider that you'll probably see at your local strip.

Zx10r running 9s in the 1/4

<!--EDIT|r1R00KIE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097328176 -->

I have a slightly modded 10 and have only raced one busa...We ran from a roll both times and I put about 4 bikes lengths on him and was slowley pulling away.. But then agin my 10 dynoed at 165hp and weighs 420lbs wet!

The right rider on any bike can make a so-so rider look bad..

Well GJoker ran with one in some twisties.. The guy on the zx10 thought they were racing.. GJoker was just riding.

And the other guy felt the need to pass 3 vehicles on a double yellow to get in front of GJoker.

Hmmm, sounds like he was skerred.

I hate to busts you all's bubble. But the ZX10 is a faster bike then the Hayabusa off the showroom floor. So is the new Suk 1000. Just do the math. Compareable horsepower and almost 80 to 90lbs less weight.

If you went around a ZX10 or 2005 Suk 1000 the guy was not in it and was afraid to tell you. Oh yea, I own a 2004 Hayabusa. I just sharing the facts with you.

Zeke

If you own a stock busa you will lose your money (if betting) to a ZX10 guy who can keep the wheel down.

However good news is on the way. I have been told by two different friends that work at dealerships that Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda are all coming out with new open class sportbikes for 2006. Yamaha is as well but not sure about 2006 or 2007. All of these new bikes should be AWESOME.

Zeke

Back