ZX-14

Has anybody on here ever raced a 14 and did you win. I ride a 06 busa and I work with this guy who just bought a 07 14 and he wants to race me.
I own both bikes...equally modded, or both stock, the 14 is substantially faster than a first gen busa. A drag race (unless he's good at launching), or low rpm roll ons will favor the busa, because a flies in 07 14 is a pig down low. But in high rpm roll ons if he can shift decent, and hold the throttle wide open he'll beat you. And if he's pulled the flies with a pc/good map and exhaust he'll really spank you. When you uncork the early 14's they gain ALOT of power. If you want a chance at the win...race him in a low roll and make it short  
thumb_up.gif

And he wants to race you cause he thinks he can beat you  
winkold.gif
 And in this instance he might be right  
wowold.gif

BTW tell him to get his frame checked...all 06-07 14's have been recalled for torque checks on the engine mounting collars
wowold.gif
thumb_down.gif

wowold.gif

Can i ask why is it that people are saying 1st gens cant hang with 14's but 2nd gens are getting spanked by 1st gens. (i recall seeing about 4 post back to back in the 08 forums here)
Yes its ALL rider when your classin it up, but please dont hang it out there on 1st and 2nd gens.

From what everyone is saying a Liter bike will beat all of them ?? I think the only time you can go by "what bike is faster" is when they are stock. After that it's all on who has the better set up, and who's the better rider ?

Back