ZX-14

Big K

Registered
Has anybody on here ever raced a 14 and did you win. I ride a 06 busa and I work with this guy who just bought a 07 14 and he wants to race me.

So race him and find out for yourself  
poke.gif

BTW Welcome aboard
winkold.gif

Check the for sale section theres a trubo slap it on and race him. and while you wait at the finish line smoke a cigarette and ask him what happened.

I got my ass heanded to me by a 08ZX14 he had about the same mods as me, my bike is a 07busa custom map, lowered, brock alienhead full exhause I ran a 9.713 he ran 9.254 I guess it depends on who you run up on, me I got the wrong one. Just wait till I get the 08 then we will meet again.

From the posts I've read so far it simply depends on who's a better rider. Stock for stock it'll be extremely close. Just remember. It's not a 1400, it's a 1353. Assuming you're in tune with your machine and you know how to ride well, I bet you can pull out a W! Just go for it and let us know what happens!

Going to depend more on riders than anything. Same rider can run better times on a 14 than a Gen 1 busa, however.

Like most have said so far; it's a rider's race.

I have only lost to one zx14. The guy weighed in at about 100lbs less than I did.

My bone stock 05'beat a ZX14 with slip ons by .050sec every run. we where side by side the whole time and put on a good show. But I MPH him every run buy about 2-3mph which surprised me.
Go get em.

I ride with an 08 ZX14 on a regular basis. All things being equal the best rider will win. My buddy wins whether on his 14 or on my Busa. He is the better rider and has a 60 pound weight advantage.
Don't get your feelings hurt if you lose. There IS always someone a little faster no matter what you got or how much you spend.

Not sure how a 1st gen would hand with a 14? would have to be rider for sure.A 2nd Gen all bets are off..I have raced a couple of busas one is a 02 with a full Yoshi,close race he usually gets me because he is better out of the hole.He will not do a roll on????The secong guy I raced has a built 08 with drop in pistons,head work full system(Brocks Smeg)and a tune.He gets me by 6-8 bike lenghts not a total kill especially since I am stock with a full system(Smeg) map on a 08 14.Lets face it any bike today in this class is faster than we need on the street Cheers

Not sure how a 1st gen would hand with a 14? would have to be rider for sure.A 2nd Gen all bets are off..I have raced a couple of busas one is a 02 with a full Yoshi,close race he usually gets me because he is better out of the hole.He will not do a roll on????The secong guy I raced has a built 08 with drop in pistons,head work full system(Brocks Smeg)and a tune.He gets me by 6-8 bike lenghts not a total kill especially since I am stock with a full system(Smeg) map on a 08 14.Lets face it any bike today in this class is faster than we need on the street Cheers
Hmmmm. I have a bone stock 2003 busa that I'll run you with. I have full confidence that I can put the bike past you at the end of the quarter. I have done it quite a few times. However, a single mistake can, and most of the time does, cost a race.

Rider makes all the difference. I'm not bragging, but I know how my bike runs, and I know how to make it work.

Revvv...you are right,rider makes all the differance.You start factoring rider weights,bike set up ect...,I am saying mod for mod riders equal a first gen busa is going to have to work to hang with a 14...Cheers
bowdown.gif

My buddy has a 08zx14 and I always ask him to race.

He'll say "No, you'll beat me. You weigh forty pounds less than me."

Then I'll say "Come on! you got twelve cc's on me."
laugh.gif

From the posts I've read so far it simply depends on who's a better rider. Stock for stock it'll be extremely close. Just remember. It's not a 1400, it's a 1353. Assuming you're in tune with your machine and you know how to ride well, I bet you can pull out a W! Just go for it and let us know what happens!
gotta side with that one... better rider is going to win regardless of which bike is he is riding..

I have been watching this happen all season at the track..

There is one guy that has been sort of the "control" rider for the guys and although not the absolute fastest guy out there, he gets every bike within about 1 tenth of its potential.. (he could loose a few pounds) Amazing differences in skill to be seen..

Back