ZX-14 to Hayabusa

:welcome: to the darkside.. You made the right choice and will never look back.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

After taking care of those warning labels and reflectors, think seriously about a full exhaust. Adds to the performance and appearance, and can take away close to 40 pounds of useless weight depending on what you get.

Beautiful bike

I LOVE that white much better than the 09. I wasn't a big fan of the 09 blue white one, 2011 would be my next choice for a white busa......after my own 06 LE of course.....welcome......

I have ridden both, and know how I feel, but give us a side-by-side comparison, if oyu would...

And welcome to the board!

It would be great to hear your "Discovery" of the differences as you gain experience on the BUSA. Keep us posted.

I've always been curious as to the differences between the two behemoths...please keep us posted and congratulations!

I'm going to give you guys my little ZX-14 vs Hayabusa review, but remember the ZX-14 had mods and the Busa is stock. Also remember that I put 3,500 miles on the ZX-14 and only 6 miles on the Hayabusa (I rode it home from the dealership and put it away.).

The first thing I noticed was the seat. The Hayabusa has a softer, more plush seat. The 14's seat is no wood plank though. The next thing I noticed was the seating position. The distance from the seat to the pegs seems equal, but you're significantly more upright on the ZX-14. The Busa's seating position is basically like a GSX-R model. The ZX-14's seating position is more like a Ninja 250R or 650R. I give the edge to the ZX-14 when it comes to the display only because it has instant MPG, average MPG, and miles until empty. Kudos to Suzuki for including a steering damper, I had to add an aftermarket one on the ZX-14.

When running the ZX-14 is much smoother. The Busa has some serious vibration going on. You can barely see through the mirrors at low revs. Things smooth out slightly at higher RPM. As far as view in the mirrors, I say they are a tie. Both give you a good view behind you. Clutch and gearbox seemed to be equally smooth. Power wise, I can't tell any difference, both feel ridiculously fast. I redlined first gear to give it a little test, I don't believe in breaking them in soft.

I ended up stuck in a little traffic. The Hayabusa ran much cooler then the ZX-14 does. I assume because the Busa has two fans, while the ZX-14 has one. The Hayabusa also has an oil cooler, the ZX-14 doesn't. Also the fairings on the Busa dissipated the heat more efficiently, the 14 makes your legs hotter. As far as wind protection goes the 14 wins hands down. The fairings on the 14 allowed me to hide my entire body behind them.

Handling wise the Hayabusa feels cumbersome at low speeds compared to the ZX-14. But at high speeds the Busa turns with less effort. It also keeps its line better, with less effort. The suspension on the Busa is more stiff than the 14. This makes for sharper, more precise handling. But the ride is also more harsh. The softer suspension of the 14 makes for a more comfortable ride overall. Fueling is spot on, on both bikes. Looks are subjective.

It seems the ZX-14 is more on the "touring" side of sport touring. The Hayabusa is more on the "sport" side of sport touring. If you want to ride 200 miles each way on a highway trip, the ZX-14 is best. If you're riding a shorter distance and hitting a few twisties, the Hayabusa is best. They're both great bikes in my opinion.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:
After taking care of those warning labels and reflectors, think seriously about a full exhaust. Adds to the performance and appearance, and can take away close to 40 pounds of useless weight depending on what you get.

Beautiful bike

Already ordered and awaiting delivery: Shogun cut sliders, rear spools, and front axle sliders. Akrapovic single full exhaust, Power Commander V, Puig double bubble, Competition Werkes fender eliminator, CRG folding adjustable levers.

It seems the ZX-14 is more on the "touring" side of sport touring. The Hayabusa is more on the "sport" side of sport touring. If you want to ride 200 miles each way on a highway trip, the ZX-14 is best. If you're riding a shorter distance and hitting a few twisties, the Hayabusa is best. They're both great bikes in my opinion.

That is a very good summary.

The Bus can be made as comfortable as the 14. I use Heli Bars and a 1 inch riser.

Back