Zx-14...expensive failure.

steelhead

Registered
I spent hours researching the ZX-14. I tried being objective, sizing it up and understanding the nature of this motorcycle. But in the end, I thought Kawasaki did an "okay" job.

I mean, you look at a 99 Hayabusa and a 2006 ZX-14, and the 99 'busa is just a superior machine. Busa: Better engine fundamentals, more low down torque, better looks, and aerodynamically efficient. And subjectively, the Busa stands alone in its class. The ZX-14 is a "catch-up player" that could (like the little train), if that...

What was Kawasaki thinking? I am not waiting for the next Busa, I like my 2005 as it is now. The engine is amazing, how much better can they make it?

MUCH better. Trust me.

No need to bore out the current Busa. All she needs is a a weight-loss program with more aggressive tuning.

- Cams could have a more aggressive tune

- Bigger injectors

- better engine management (think better grade bearings and such)

- lighter engine components

- lighter wheels

- lighter exhaust

- lighter gas tank

- lighter body bits

No mention AT ALL of massaging the engine more. Can you imagine if they massaged the engine and did the above?

We're gonna get outlawed for sure.

Yep like Pacific said. The other new GSXR's got lighter wheel's this year.

Quote from a friend of mine (HondaJon) who races PMRA....
"I got to see some ZX-14's on the track last weekend.  I'm sure these guys haven't got a lot of practice yet with launching their new bikes, but I didn't see any times that were Busa killers.  Fastest one had extensions and nitrous.  The best pass I saw him make was a 9.00."

Quote from a friend of mine (HondaJon) who races PMRA....
"I got to see some ZX-14's on the track last weekend.  I'm sure these guys haven't got a lot of practice yet with launching their new bikes, but I didn't see any times that were Busa killers.  Fastest one had extensions and nitrous.  The best pass I saw him make was a 9.00."
That was this one. You should have came up with Jon!

zx14s.jpg

Back