Your opinion is needed

CrazyRussian

Registered
Hello Gents.
I am some what new rider.
Started 3 yeras ago on M50, moved to VTX 1800 Neo and got an idea to move to Busa.
I am 51, 5'10", 190 lbs.
Am I crazy?
I need your input.
Tnx.
Gino

Hello Gents.
Started 3 yeras ago on M50, moved to VTX 1800 Neo and got an idea to move to Busa.
I am 51, 5'10", 190 lbs.
Am I crazy?
I need your input.
Tnx.
Gino

I dont think you are crazy at all. Are you asking because of your age or riding history? Age plays no part, you are still young Sir. Welcome to the oRg!

Old people need the adrenalin rush too ya know! Not crazy, Iv seen plenty of older guys racing at the strip with their Busa and 14s. :welcome:

I see guys in their 50's on sport bikes all the time if age is your concern. If you are concerned as far as experience, then know that the busa is a beats. Just take your time and get to know her before you start going all the way and you will be fine.:laugh:

Welcome to the Org. and hopfully welcome to the family of Busa owners.

Tnx for support Gents.
VTX has ton of tork - I lake that and I can go for 200-300 miles a day and for 3-4 hours.
I need to know if it will be possible on Busa.
I am in South Florida and also would like to know if the heat from the beast will be an issue.
Gino

Yes you are crazy, but most of us are. I have my Green Dragon Turbo Busa and my Green VTX. The VTX is so I can ride wit my wife. i do not like anyone on the Busa with me.

With your limited riding experience I would recommend a race school to sharpen your skills before buying a Busa. Only you know what stage your skills and experience are regardless of years spent riding. Some guys might have 10, 20 or 30 years experience but only ride 2000 km per year. Others commute daily and might have 20,000 km in one year. Everyone is different.

Actually - you shouldn't be allowed to ride the busa until your mid 40's. The only caution flag I'd throw up is - whether sport bike ergonomics will agree with you... Some folks just don't transition well mentally or physically. I would try to swap rides with someone and go for a 3 or 4 hour sport bike ride. If it doesn't totally disagree with your go for the Hayabusa and join the fast lane. Also - if the sport doesn't agree with your try the B-King it's a lot more comfortable on longer trips...

Tnx for support Gents.
VTX has ton of tork - I lake that and I can go for 200-300 miles a day and for 3-4 hours.
I need to know if it will be possible on Busa.
I am in South Florida and also would like to know if the heat from the beast will be an issue.
Gino
I am in South Florida as well and there are no issues with heat. I also ride 2- 300 miles at a time and no problems. If you think that VTX has power, WOW you are in for a treat. Get it and don't turn back.:thumbsup:

This 59 year old guy sure loves his Buse. It has Heli-Bars and a gel seat, and my last ride on it was 394 miles, no issues, just lots of fun.............:thumbsup:

Salton Sea 015.jpg

52 year old just picked the Busa up a few weeks ago 03 plate 10k on the clock, go for it, Just respect it. will get some pictures on the forum soon enjoy it

Hello Gents.
I am 51, 5'10", 190 lbs.
Am I crazy?
I need your input.
Tnx.
Gino

I am 45 and I got one last November. It is a ride you will never forget and one you should enjoy while young and capable of feeling the rush that these bikes deliver! Go for it and live loud Brother! :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup: and :welcome: to the .ORG!

I'm 58 and love the busa, and I have a VTX1800F too. I have the bars raised on the busa, and I also have different front pegs, and I can stay on the busa all day! I can only do a couple of hours on the VTX before my back hurts. Get the busa! After owning mine for four years, I'm always excited to get back on it and ride.:thumbsup:

Back