4 2 1 exhaust opinion

I love the sound of the Brocks megaphone, thinkin of gettin it and sellin the yosh. I havent heard any of the ones you listed in person, but if the one you get isnt not loud enough, you can gut it:thumbsup:

++++++!++++100000000000. go with brock. he had a sale going on recently and his pipes were part of it. i got my pc3 brock map and alien head and wouldnt give it up for nothing

thanks for all the input. is it true that if i go with a tsukigi over a brocks that i will need more than just the PC and air filter. i will need some extra mods because of the extra torque in 1st - 4th gear. sorry if i sound inexperienced, but i am, and i just wanna make sure that my local dealers are being straight up with me. AND what ever mod that i get, its something i can handle. while i love the speed and the rush, i am NO speed demon.

If you decide to go with either one of the two you will just be fine with a PC, dont even really need a new filter. You are not talking the addition of 100 hp with either system. I would suspect only about 12-15 hp and 5-10 or so rwtq. Dont quote me on that, like I said before, I dont remember exactly. Truthfully you will only slightly notice it, with the tune after you get the exhaust you will notice that it runs and sounds soooooooo much smoother, than before exhaust let alone stock.
You really wont need other mods till you get higher in the hp and tq range, 200+. For instance, Currently I am having my 08 bored out to 1441, I will need some clutch work done, so it doesnt start to slip at the higher hp and tq areas.
Any questions, just ask away there are MANY knowledged and skilled people here.

Good luck! :whistle:

:laugh:
Bone stock, only R~77 full system !! Go the Yosh :whistle:

09' Hayabusa Dyno Run.jpg

can anyone comment on the yoshi r55 and how they compare to the yoshi r77. when i was at my dealer yesterday there was a gxsr750 with a r77 pipe on it. it was quiet, in fact it didnt sound that much different than my stock pipes on my busa. according to the yosi site the r77 put out a 92 decible rating without inserts whereas the r55 puts out a 104 decible. in looking at the brocks site, they boast a whopping 108 decible. if the specs are solid on the yoshi, i would be happy with the yoshi and i could save about $250 which is almost the cost of what my PC is gonna cost.

Obviously you've noticed the aestetic difference from photo's , they are quite alot louder than the R~77. Some say long distance rides gets a bit tough on the eardrums, you could always wear plugs ! I know wat you're going thru, i agonised for ages also !

I dont know if you are aware or not but I believe ECU flashing is the better way to go on that. If you have a chat to smithabusa or web boostbysmith, he will tell you everything you need to know, hes a great guy & after sales service is second to none.
Whatever works best for you though, your choice but atleast look into it ! :thumbsup:

I think that most pipes are close in the horsepower gains....go for the look and sound you want. A good tune is always the best route. The 190 hp is easy to get as long as you put it on a happy dyno..:laugh:

I think that most pipes are close in the horsepower gains....go for the look and sound you want. A good tune is always the best route. The 190 hp is easy to get as long as you put it on a happy dyno..:laugh:

Greg (GPW at HPC) must have a mean Dyno, maybe the dog picks on it !!!

i have decided to go with the yoshi r-55. what PC would work best with this unit?

What are u planning after the pipes? One should look ahead at what they plan on doing in the long run. There are positives and negatives to the different types of tunings. For instance PC's only control 4 of the 8 injectors, which is fine if you don't decide down the road to do a big bore and nitrous, or turbo and nitrous, plus your are still stuck with the speed limiter. Bazazz is good cause it controls all 8 injectors, but are still stuck with the speed limiter. ECU flashing is great because options are limitless, BUT there are not a huge amount of ecu flashers, because it is a relatively new concept for the generation II's. Just do some research and decide where you wanna be in the end and make a choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

No happy dyno, the dyno guy was trying to sell me a PC, I told him I didn't want one for various reasons > ECU Editor was getting close to completion + I spent every dollar I had and then some to get the system. If anything he had a vested interest to make it a SAD DYNO run to convince me towards a $450 PC, to squeeze some more cash outta me. I cant do anymore than provide the evidence, if that was proven (happy/unhappy), you would be saying I was lying bout the mods, which I'm not. Its not that unbelievable the Gen II is bout 180 rwhp standard anyway. Just admit it, the yoshi has got it goin on ! :cheerleader:

The gen II is about 169 to 175 SAE stock (rear wheel) depending on how it came from the factory and break in techniques. The Tourque is around 100 lbs give or take. Most bikes with a full pipe and mods are making another 8 to 12hp. STD numbers will show higher. Your bike does fall into that area :beerchug: Not sure about your Tq #'s

Back