4-2-2 Exhaust Systems

Hayabusa Man

Registered
Can anyone provide me with your opinions and experiences regarding aftermarket 4-2-2 exhaust systems? I was going to buy a set of "bolt ons" for my Busa because I want to keep the twin cannisters. However, before I do this, I want to get alternative opinions as to who may make a good performing and sounding dual exhaust system for the Busa.

Thanks for your help as always! :crazy:

It looks as though you have to re-configure your rear turn signals with the high mounts, right?

I do like these though.

Do you all know if these pipes (heat) affect the body work any?

Heard about that... Some people had problems with high-mount systems. But I also heard some had with low-mount so I guess it depends on the care and technique of mounting. If I install a new full system, I'll search for a way to protect the body work before mounting.

If you search in the forum you will find posts about it.

All I know is that the Busa with HMF sounds freakin evil...Pure evil...

Get some extra heat shielding and you should be good to go...

Man we have to get together with RaiderDM and the rest of the Tampa crew and go for a cruise somewhere, you up for that?

Yeah you'll need to cover the pipes behind the front lower fairing.. and maybe extend the brackets that hold the fairing.. someone who's done this will have to reply.
You might need a new undertail for the high mounts that has flush mounted turn signals.. not sure about that.
Two popular undertails are from extreme graphics and mototeck and are available here:

I prefer the mototeck but many like the extreme graphics top gun..
si.

i have D&D 4:2 system on mine has a nive raspy sound to it

added the D&D 4:2 system with the black header and black tips.
:devil:

got great deal on them so went with them might change for a 4:1 system in future though but i like them for now :bounce:

rear.jpg

yep make sure u have enuf clearance.. it scorched and melted near the bottom of mine even after wqrapping them it still got hot enuf to keep the plastic melted... and i left the rear belly pan off.. u can see what they look like on mine in the thread about busa pix... and i trimmed the rear fender and put the LP short stacks (ovals) on mine and they work great..i paid 900 for mine but i have seen them in the classified section for as low as 500.. they are a sob to put on.. especially if hmf doesnt send u the hardware kit to go with it! but they do sound awesome and when u come or go to a bike nite.. HEADS TURN AND TAKE NOTICE!!

Does anybody have any input regarding the Two Brothers Racing 4-2-2 exhaust system?

This HMF melting "thing" and turn signal relocation "thing" has me concerned.

Rev....we'll have to get together soon!

Yeah Bro, We do... Weather is getting good, and if we can get a group together we can check out other peoples mods and see what we think first hand...

Hey "Buddy Buy Right" On US 60 in Clearwater. West of US19 about 3-4 miles. Every Saturday night there is a large gathering of bikes. Seems to pick up around 1030 or so. Might be a good time.

Just give me a date bro, I am tied up with Dinner thing this Saturday... and hell I amy be screwed next Saturday as well...Where abouts in tampa are you? I'm in the North West portion up by racetrack and Linebaugh...

Dude thats funny. I sent you a PM, What are you doing tomorrow Evening?

My Saturday is Screwed I have to go to a Formal Dinner thing with my wife....   :sad:   Free food at Charlie's but still...   :sad:

But Yeah We could just go out for a couple of hours...and ride a little.

Back