your CHRISTmas as a child poll:

your CHRISTmas as a child poll: - was yours with CHIRST or just an X?

• No, we celebrated "Holidays" only, and gave gifts just cuz it's cool

Votes: 62 100.0%

• Total voters
well, everyone already CAN celebrate whatever they want to. I would never think of stomping out El Nino Buena Nacho day or getting offended if someone had bumper sticker with the words on it. Good for them. As long as it is not something sick adn twisted like National Live Goat Massecre Day or something way wrong

I just feel sad for children who are used to singing all these nice CHRISTmas tunes, then having some policital termoil remove that from public and schools. bleah!

I bet 9 out of 10 people I randomly say MERRY CHIRSTmas too, would say MERRY CHRISTmas back. If it's the majority, why are newspapers afraid to print those words, companies afraid to use them in ads? Who are they afraid of? Is a WORD forcing someones religion on someone else? Even if the word has been around longer than this nation has? ?

personally I have yet to meet someone (stranger) to acknowlege that they were offended by me wishing them a merry christmas. I make it a point when I go out to do so, politely of course. I have had jehova witnesses and jewish people even return the greeting out of common courtesy. (I later found thier beliefs from common friends) the worst response I've had so far was just to be ignored. I don't come from a real religeous background, just celebrated the basics, but do believe, as do my kids. to me it doesn't really matter the historical facts, as long as the closeness and warmth the present and future brings. happy hollidays and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Regardless what you believe; Merry Christmas to everyone.

zzwhip.gif PM -->
BusaWizard @ Dec. 05 2007 said:
1235682[/ATTACH] PM]
I'll never use an X in the place of Christ.
Go ahead...use the X..."Live life close to the edge,or else you're just taking up too much space."

laugh.gif

Bad Rubbah.Bad. whistling.gif
laugh.gif  jump9.gif
I'm glad you picked up on my lil joke Busawizard...or else I would have come off lookin' like an' azzhole...again. laugh.gif

You folks play nice...or you'll just get a lump of coal in your stocking.

(happens to me every year)   RSD.
Now Rub, you know I wouldn't leave you hangin' Bro. ThumbsUp.gif  laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As a kid it was all about getting presents, at least that's what I wanted, it's actually the time of year we each got new clothes for the following year. Other than a manger scene on the drop leaf table it was all about gifts in my house.

Maybe that's part of the reason I really don't like this time of year anymore. I see the meaninglessness of the season to most people. It's just a time for people to act like they really care when if they really cared, they would be that way all year long. I personally can't wait until January so I can see all the fatties at the gym, them February to see them gone from the Gym. What a bunch of hypocrites Americans are.

Kevin

Funny thing is, Christ being removed from Christmas is actually be spearheaded by Christians. You can't put Christ into something he was never in to begin with. lurk.gif

HISTORY OF CHRISTMAS....

For da bug, Christmas is/was a day given and created by man to celebrate the birth of Christ! Which brings up an interesting point,
the bible doens't give a date for the birth of our Lord. Seeing this thread I now understand why perhaps it was left out,
wasn't really important! However, what is and still remains unchanged is the fact that you have a choice to believe or not...
Can't be forced on anyone so, for at least one side of the arguement, it won't  be known if the choice made was the right decision until the end....
and if the Bug was going to gamble with forever he'd choose to follow the good book.

P.S.
For the otherside of the coin I'll let you know, in a couple hundred years, if I made the right choice.
If you don't hear from me, well you get the idea......  smile.gif

Merry Christmas my oRg Brothers/Sisters no matter what U believe...
It wasn't important because Christ forbid everybody from celebrating anything other then his death. wowold.gif
Add to the fact that everythign associated with Christmas is taken from Pagan and Egyptian beliefs, then converted to Christianity...Forbidden by God...and ya got one pissed off God every Christmas.

As for me, it was allways a celebration of family and the end of the year with the beginning of a new one.

after all that, the end result is many of us CHOOSE to celebrate Christ's birth at CHRISTmas. Done. Showing the origins, back ground, people, the crusades, the weather, or whatever does not change the current fact that MOST of us* Celebrate CHIRSTmas as a reminder of Christ's birth and how he changed the world.

* see poll results

after all that, the end result is many of us CHOOSE to celebrate Christ's birth at CHRISTmas.  Done.  Showing the origins, back ground, people, the crusades, the weather, or whatever does not change the current fact that MOST of us* Celebrate CHIRSTmas as a reminder of Christ's birth and how he changed the world.

* see poll results
But what if it's forbidden for you to do so?

religion and politics make bad conversation unless both parties are of like minds lurk.gif

Back