your CHRISTmas as a child poll:

your CHRISTmas as a child poll: - was yours with CHIRST or just an X?

• No, we celebrated "Holidays" only, and gave gifts just cuz it's cool

Votes: 62 100.0%

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I'm wondering how many responders celebrated CHRISTmas with Christ involved in it when they were growing up?  And how many responders did not?

In these times of everybody's ideas stomping out everybody else's, Christ is deleted from CHRISTmas faster than last Black Friday's Ads can print "Happy Holidays".  When I grew up, we sang CHRISTmas carols in school at music concerts, read the CHRISTmas story from our city paper, put up Manger's and Jesus, Mary, Joseph figurines, had a tree with stringy foil strip tinsel, gifts wrapped in pictures of wisemen and guiding stars in the night.  Attended respectful candle lit church services, where high school students acted out the CHRISTmas story.  it was joyous and followed our family belief nicely.

There sure seems to be a lot of "Don't say Merry CHRISTmas anymore, because you might offend a non believer!" Well it used to be a generically nice wish like "Have a nice day"  Oh NO!  What if you said Have a Nice DAY to a night worker???  He might be offended and shoot you in the ear!

I don't care what you celebrate over this CHRISTmas.  And please feel free to publically display it for all to enjoy and ponder.  Just don't take Christ out of my CHRISTmas please.  If you do, I will lobby to change other holiday names like:

X Years Day
X Luther King Day
XHog Day
Xentine's Day
Xident's Day
X Patrick's Day
Xster
X Fool's Day
Xoween
Xgiving

4721_image.jpg

"Just do take Christ out of my CHRISTmas please." (Edited by MCM, changed the do to don't in keeping with the context of the statement)

As a kid...it was about gifts. As an adult it is back to what is the reason for the season.

I am more religiously in tune to Christmas now than as a child.

I don't care what you call it as long as its a paid day off.

But just gotta point out dec 25th timeframe was a holiday long before christ and the notion of christmas <a href=http://www.history.com/minisites/christmas/viewPage?pageId=1252e>-link-</a>

And as for wanting to remove christ from the holiday.  If folks quit trying to force their religon on us (like coming to my house at 8am saturday morning), I doubt any one would really notice or care.  But try and force something on everyone & we'll come out fighting  guns.gif

I can't believe how thin skinned society has become. For instance, take this business about Santa saying "Ho Ho Ho".

Give me break!!

Has always been Christmas and will always be CHRISTmas in my house regardless of nationality, religion, etc.

ITs all about Christ ! If its not to you then its just another day , so don't ask for the day off or presents just go to work and stay quiet!

Just because a Church says christ was born around this date, and just because you WANT to believe that the holiday has something to do with Christianity and the arbitrary dates chosen, doesn't mean it's true...

"Christmas" is little more than one more attempt to subjugate and control the behaviors and minds of as many people as possible. if you can't beat them join them right? That's all "Christmas" and all it's Pagan symbology is, the church couldn't STOP those "Heretics" and "heathens" from celebrating their holiday so lets just slap some cobbled together crap over the top... Clever move...

Well Done... thumb_up.gif

firedevil.gif

Oh.... Cannot wait till our annual Easter Discussion!!! cool.gif

Only the far-left lunatic fringe is trying to drive the USA to the dark side. I ignore them as well as the far right.

As for the current crop of Democrats pandering to the fringe I would only suggest that they try to what's best for the country... not their personal future in politics.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukka everyone.

Yeah, you know what though, I love the season, I love my Tree, I love the lights and decor.

So I'm not really too worried about it one way or another...

At least in theory Christianity should help its minions be better people, be kinder and more friendly, and take care of themselves and others... At least in theory.

why is it some people can't help but muck up a thread with hate?

It's always been Christmas and will always be Christmas.

Well this should get good.

Lets all google and try and have an' adult conversation about...nothing.

Lets attempt to change one anothers minds about things that are probaly so ingrained in ourselves,that we couldn't change our own minds,even if we wanted to.

Me,I'm gonna go have a beer an' watch a little TV.

deadhorse.gif RSD.

ITs all about Christ ! If its not to you then its just another day , so don't ask for the day off or presents just go to work and stay quiet!
So based on your logic, I can only assume you do not celebrate Halloween or any other non Christian holiday.
No I do not celibrate Hanakah or Kwanza , and I do not ask for days off on those occasions As for non christian holidays like halloween thats a day of harvest celbration and I don't get anything for it ( money or day off ) , Thanksgiving Yes I celebrate the day of feast , memorial day yes , labor day yes , Veterns day yes, I don't understand waht you mean by " based on my logic " . I guess that you mean that if You aren't a veteran you shouldn't get the day off ? or something like that , We celebrate these days to honour traditions and others fo rwhat they have done . Christmas if you are not Christian means nothing and why would it ? I only do holidays that are relevate to me not you . So I ask you , If you are not a christian and do not belive in christ , why would you celebrate it ??

Back