The word "Christmas"

The word "Christmas" - Are you offended?

• I am offended by retailers using the word Christmas

Votes: 131 100.0%
  • I am not offended by retailers using the word Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGeorge

BigGeorge
Donating Member
Registered
Here's the holiday calendar posted at my local Best Buy. They were closed on November 23, Thanksgiving and even acknowledged it by labeling the calendar with the word "Thanksgiving". And they are closed on December 25. But, what day is that? You wouldn't know by looking at the Best Buy calendar!

Is it more offensive to remove the word Christmas or post it? Gheeeeez! It's okay to remind us that November 23 is Thanksgiving. But it's not okay to remind us that Decemeber 25 is Christmas?

I don't usually allow this kind of thing to bother me. But WTF is Best Buy thinking here?

IMAGE_00005.jpg

IMAGE_00006.jpg

IMAGE_00007.jpg

political correctness...nothing more
if they put it up
then they'd have hundreds of different religions complaining...well about nothing

I'm not a Christian
but Christmas is my favorite time of year
about the only time...my family would get together
mainly because of presents
but that was thee only day of the year
they didn't act like they were too busy for family

but in all honesty
it doesn't matter what you call it
just enjoy the Holidays & cherish them & life! beerchug.gif

It's one thing to not celebrate Xmas , but it's another to be offended by just the word ! That's rediculous ......... wow.gif wink.gif

I dont get it....the whole reason the this holiday was started was from that word. I know there are some words out there that are deemed offensive and I agree with some if not most of them...but really Christmas? Whats next? 4th of July? We wont be able to celebrate it because some one will get offended by all the American flags? If you dont like what I am saying, stop listening to my conversation. If you dont like what I am celebrating then dont come to my house. I am wondering when all this PC crap will end.

i wonder what the people who are offended by the word would say if we just canceled the whole christmas thing and worked like it was just another day of the year rock.gif

This is just another way to prove how pathetic people can be.
Things like this and many others simular should not be tolorated.We are slowly loosing everything right before our eyes.

i am a christian , i am not offended by them doing this.
also bible scholars true estimation of jesus birthday is in may. fyi
the reason it does not offended me is because everday, is a day of honor for christ from me. this could get deep about this if we pursued it further.
and like stated it is a word. take it for that.

I'm not Christian or even religious. But seeing the word or the decorations, including nativity scenes, in malls and/or government buildings does nothing to offend me. I'm not the kind of pussified childish crybaby who gets offended at someone else's display of Christmas cheer. Let them decorate and profess and sing.

Just don't get in my face about how *I* should be observing it.

I don't understand people who tell others that their beliefs shouldn't be imposed on others when it's merely a display, not a lecture.

--Wag--

for all those other religions in the good ole US of A ........... do they boycot every piece of our currency? on every piece of currency in the US, there is a statement of "IN GOD WE TRUST". we never hear of these anti-religious people griping about the all mighty dollar.

hope that i didnt just pee in anyones cornflakes

just my .02

all_coholic.gif

Another case of the loud 5% dictating to the silent 95%. All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing.

16 to 0 at my time of voting.

I don't care if it is or isn't the day of Christ's birth. To me, Christmas is a day for kids. Parents have Mother's Day and Father's Day ... I see Christmas as " Kids' " Day. If it was called "Malikaliki Day" I'd still give gifts, hang lights, and gain weight.

I work in a very diverse office and most of the people I talk to do not take offense to it.

And in most cases they celebrate the holiday and the gathering with family so their kids wont be left out of the festivities.

Christmas is a time for us all to come together, break bread, and show appreciation.

Not in the least...the political correctness in today's society is going to be our doom...it's unreal what people complain about nowadays and get away with... all_coholic.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Nov. 29 2006,04:16) Another case of the loud 5% dictating to the silent 95%.  All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing.
In addition Political correctness will be our downfall. We need to stand up for morality. The guns.gif ACLU is the biggest group of Biggots & have to be the most EXTREME group of racist. They are the one responsible for removing Christ from every place they can. Definately a tool of the Satan. This country was built on Christian Morals & the guns.gif ACLU is one by one doing away with those morals.

guns.gif

Ooh...and to the person who votes that it indeed does offend them,please explain why!!!

let me add this:
we "the us of a" as a nation, is losing our heritage and our christian beliefs,
as we progress. some will aruge with me on this, but we are headed for a path of destruction. taking the word christmas out of christmas is in the big picture of removing our lord from society.
we are chatting about removing the word, how it offends others etc....
but you know there is nothing that will be done about it. we complain about things like this everday, and what gets done about it ? that is my reason for the comment of the path of destruction. i love my God i am thankfull ever chance i get for the sacrifce jesus made for me, i try to witness to others, that is where my fight is at. i have strayed far from the course here, but as i said before it can get deep.
the truth is this. anything to do with christ will have to fight to survive, my brothers and sisters we are in the end of the end of days.
peace and goodwill towards all.

(brendanp @ Nov. 29 2006,09:06) Ooh...and to the person who votes that it indeed does offend them,please explain why!!!
+1, not be flamed but to enlighten the group

LMAO and happy to see the overwhelming results...not surprised...good people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back