yoshi r55

Yoshimura R&D - 2008

Every thing you need or want to know about Yoshimura.
There is no R-55 slip on. The R-55 full system will fit the 2008. I have it on my 2009 and really like it.

IMG_1242.JPG

how was the install ??

Pretty straight forward, I opted to remove the Radiator and oil cooler for ease of operation and to not mash up all the fins.
My only issue with the system is, I choose to install a flexible SS oil cooler line to make oil filter changes easier. The
Yoshimura header really limited the space between itself and the engine. Other than that I have nothing but great things to say about it. I like the looks, ease of keeping it clean, sound(only after removing the sound baffle), weight savings
and performance. If I had the available funds at the time I would have gone w/ Brock's full Ti single with the CF tip!:drool:
It was more than 2X+$300 what I paid for my 55.

CT_Single_Gallery_General_Zoom.jpg

I have an R55 on my 09 also. No complaints at all. Outstanding value for the money spent. Sounds great, looks great!!! I had a R77 on my 08. I like the R55 better.

060.jpg

I have the R55 system on my 2011, and I love it! Great sound and value! The header was not a joy to replace, but not too bad. If you take a standard allen wrench and grind it down short on one end it will really help get into the tight spots!

Busa 6.jpg

Anyone have a way to get that R55 pipe ceramic coated in black. That would be fantastic looking!

I'de replace my dual M4s for that.

Would be cheaper then an AH too. Might not perform as well though.

I would encourage everyone to research systems. I think everyone should spend their money the way they like. Let's do a little apples to apples. Most systems save you the same as far as weight goes. You can't compare a top end titanium system to a stainless steel system guys. From my research Yosh is one of if not the worse system when it comes to performance. They have systems that reduce performance. Their best system, their race system gets you a whopping 8 ponies. You have excellent companies that produce the same weight savings, as good or better quality, and a third more HP.

Slip-ons add zero performance, they do save you weight, they do look better than the stock cans. Typically you can get a great full system for 2 or 3 hundred more dollars.

I'm just saying ...... do your homework people and make a good decision. It is your money and your ride.

Back