question about exhaust...

haydennd

Registered
I'm looking into a yoshi r55 full system. my question is do i have to remap anything if i put this on and if so how do i do it?

I have the r77 full system and I was able to get away without a remap or a pc all last summer with no issuees. This year I am hoping to get a pc and see what the difference will be.

Any full system should have a tune. Just because you can get by without a tune doesn't mean you should. You will not be getting best performance, and you could even wind up running to rich or lean which is not good for the bike.

The easiest way is to buy a pc3, or pc5 and download the map from there website. The map will be close enough to not have issues... a custom tune ( from a good tuner) would be even better. Bazzaz doesn't have any maps for full exhaust on there site. You can go with the stock 02 sensor installed in the new exhaust ( no pc ) but performance will be minimal.

so if i use the stock o2 sensor it wont hurt the bike but the performance just wont be as good as if i were to get a custom tune? im asking because is i cough up the cash for the full system i might be wainting a while for the tune.

The A/F should stay close with the o2 hooked up at normal riding. Wide open throttle bypasses the o2 so it will be off then... there are a lot of guys running like this with the R-77 full system. The R-55 should be about the same... I am sure others will agree and disagree...:whistle:

The stock bike needs a remap so a remap for aftermarket exhaust is mandatory if you want the full potential out of your new exhaust system.

The easiest way is to buy a pc3, or pc5 and download the map from there website. The map will be close enough to not have issues... a custom tune ( from a good tuner) would be even better. Bazzaz doesn't have any maps for full exhaust on there site. You can go with the stock 02 sensor installed in the new exhaust ( no pc ) but performance will be minimal.

If you buy a PC you can have it shipped with the map you need. Installation must be a breeze, it took a salesperson at my dealer less than 30 minutes.

You can also get the ECU reprogrammed. The Bazzazis getting kudos but requires a tuner. I'm hearing around $250.00.

Don't know where you live but we have a handful of great tuners on here.

Back