Yosh Tri Oval

OB_Sabor

Registered
Hey has anyone bought one of Yosh's Tri oval Pipes yet? Yosh's Rep. told me it would give me around 6hp. more. But no specs were out yet.. I also just ordered a new rear sprocket of 42 teeth!! that should help move me alittle faster in a 1/4!!

The tri-oval is just soon to be available the onle improvement is a 1%gain in the midrange and that is all besides costing an additional
$250 over the conventional oval RS3race canister. This info is straight from Brad at Yoshimura USA last week, I asked him for all the information on the Hayabusa exhausts he knew. He works in R&D not sales, so he was not trying to make a sale. Horsepower gains are minimal with what ever pipe you buy.

Ok well I am wanting to spruce this already fine machine up so could you guys & gals please give me suggestions on improvements! I want a header & pipe. (I've heard several yosh's and they all sound diff. I like the D&D sound but I have no word on them working on a pipe for the busa. SUGESTIONS!!!) I currently own the black/gray soon to be black and yellow. I'm going to have all the gray painted the yellow from the 1998 900RR. Also painting the front fender & rear rim yellow... What do you think? In addition I'm adding a 42 tooth rear sprocket & "RK530LO" chain... More Sugestions???

I went with a 43 rear which was just a bit more than going down one tooth in the front
(4.04 to 1 -vs 3.99 to 1). I wanted to reduce rorating mass & unsprung weight at the same time so I went with a Vortex rear sprocket which was less than 1 lb. Stock gearing btw is 3.76 to 1. Your 42 tooth is 3.94 to 1.

I have a DID 530ZVM chain on order.

Jeff how are you computing the final sprocket ratio of the Hayabusa. I thought the sprockets stock were 17 front and 40 rear which = 40/17=2.3529411. If you go with the rear of 42 for example it would RAISE the numerical ratio or stated another way lower the gear (slow the bike top speed) to 42/17=2.4705882 or an even 5%. Am I missing something or are we talking about different ratios? The ratio I calculated shows that the front sprocket rotates 2.35 times for each one ratation of the rear one.

Don

Ok, I have a program to do this, you can have it if you like, but here goes:

Crank Sprocket 52
Clutch Sprocket 83 = Primary reduction ratio 1.6 to 1

Drive Sprocket 17
Rear Sprocket 40 = Secondary reduction ratio 2.35 to 1
Final drive ratio 3.76 to 1

Primary ratio * Secondary ratio = Final ratio
1.6 * 2.35 = 3.76

1st gear ratio 2.615
2nd gear ratio 1.937
3rd gear ratio 1.526
4th gear ratio 1.284
5th gear ratio 1.136
6th gear ratio 1.043

Well I was told by some people that adding 2 teeth in the rear would be the same as dropping a tooth on the front..? I goal is faster quater miles.. Am I thinking wrong on this? Also what is involved in remapping the FI for a header & pipe?

As a rule of thumb I have been told that it is up three in rear = down 1 front ..

Thats what I have been told, later

As a rule of thumb I have been told that it is up three in rear = down 1 front ..

Thats what I have been told, later

yes it is the full duplex titanium system that weighs under 8lbs complete. I plan on using two or three different pipes this summer that is why I am selling this one. I probably will end up with this one again

To all,I got back from Laguna Seca races and talked to a rider who has Yosh pipes and he did do a dyno on the Hayabusa bike and said that there were not much different from the stock pipes and the Yosh pipes,same power curve thru the power band.He said the only improvement was that the pipes were closer to the swing arm and streamline and 5 to 6 horse power on the high end.Even the guys that are selling the Akrapovic pipes were saying that you'll only see the power on the Hi-end and who goes 180mph+ on the street.Anyways little information I got from the Hayabusa riders at Laguna and from some of the retailers that were there.

Sabor: In reply to your chain request, I would NEVER put a RK chain on any of my bikes. When I bought a properly rated chain for my 1100cc, shortly after installation RK re-published their applications, well, they lowered the cc rating on ALL of there street chains! Think I was notified!? Anyway, long story kinda short, I rattled off 2 spring clips, lost the chain once under full load (thank christ it never went into the engine case!) After throwing the chain as far as possible. I did some research and bought the Tsubaki Sigma 530 chain. This is rated for 750cc +up, excellent chain! strong and solid, comes with a rivet link to :) Most 530 chains won't list an application over 1000cc. Look into it! You will be happy you did!

Back